In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Being responsible sucks!

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
There's been 10" of fresh powder up on the ski hill in the last two days and I've got work piled up 'till May. I reeeeaaalllyy want to play hooky today and go carve up some fresh snow! Dammit![:(!][:p]

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well if a big city mayor can apologize for thousands of people who took NO preparations or precautions for their well being why the hell can't you play hookey??..go for it..you got rights..and have fun
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    All Work and No Play.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    250 sq. ft. of bamboo prefinished flooring to put in today. Maybe tomorrow, if'n the wife unit doesn't have the day planned for me already![;)]
  • Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    250 sq. ft. of bamboo prefinished flooring to put in today. Maybe tomorrow, if'n the wife unit doesn't have the day planned for me already![;)]

Not to jump off track but my brother put down that flooring when he built, it's nice stuff and tough
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's been 10" of fresh powder up on the ski hill in the last two days and I've got work piled up 'till May. I reeeeaaalllyy want to play hooky today and go carve up some fresh snow! Dammit![:(!][:p]
    Me love me some snow skiing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by countryfarmer

Not to jump off track but my brother put down that flooring when he built, it's nice stuff and tough

So long as you walk around the house in slippers or stocking feet, it's OK. If you get a scratch in it, it's dang near impossible to get it fixed. The next big wood floor going in is 850 ft of black walnut, 3.25 inch T&G. Nail 'er in, sand 'er down, and mop on the finish.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like to see a pic of that black walnut....burl walnut is my favorite...got several pieces of antique walnut including an Abernathy dining table with 2 slideouts..
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a machinist should never wear his work boots home[:0]
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    What is powder, and what is skiing? I can't figure out how you would get a ski boat up the hill.[:D]

Just a little hello from Florida, where it is 70deg right now![8D][8D]
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    Do it, the work will be there for you when you return,