In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hunting Clothes are in the wash.

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited December 2006 in General Discussion
It's supposed to be nasty tonight. Snow, Sleet, Ice. Hunting clothes are in the wash with the scent killer. Reorganized everything in the truck. Starting clean tomorrow. I have a good feeling. Heading out early morning. Anyone else going out?
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you pick up the anise oil?[:D]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are well prepared.
    May the Hunting Gods be with you, and shoot straight.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was out all day today...saw a doe...it was so windy nothing was moving. Set up a new ground blind for tomorrow, but am fearful the expected 6-10 inches of snow and 30 + MPH winds may not allow me to get to my spot...[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Did you pick up the anise oil?[:D]
    Don

No, I completely forgot. I will try it sometime.
  • Options
    earlwellmanearlwellman Member Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don,
    What is anise oil? I use a bit of pine oil to mask, but have not heared of anise oil[:D][?]

Earl
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by earlwellman
    Don,
    What is anise oil? I use a bit of pine oil to mask, but have not heared of anise oil[:D][?]

Earl

Like in Anisette liqueur, its like a black licorice scent. try it some time.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anise oil...Many years ago it was my secret ingredient to catching catfish. I soaked all my bait in it. I guarded this secret from the other kids with my life. They always wondered why my tackle box smelled of licorice..........[:)][:)]
    crims40
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslovers
    It's supposed to be nasty tonight. Snow, Sleet, Ice. Hunting clothes are in the wash with the scent killer. Reorganized everything in the truck. Starting clean tomorrow. I have a good feeling. Heading out early morning. Anyone else going out?

Good luck![8D]
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I'll be going out tomorrow in hopes of bagging my very first deer on my very first deer hunt. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I saw these this morning on the way to work, there was actually 4 bucks and a doe but I only got pics of 2 due the the snow and being a bit dark.
    The 1 layin down looks pretty nice
    deerdec.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    I'll be going out tomorrow in hopes of bagging my very first deer on my very first deer hunt. Wish me luck!

Roger that, BEST of luck.

I had no such luck, 50mph winds and a treestand don't mix.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1

You can put on a harness, wimp. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

I'm by no means scared of heights. I used to build tube and clamp scaffolding at heights of 100-150'+ day in and day out. You learn to really trust your balance. But I don't konw how I could hold a bead on a shot at more than 50yds with the tree swaying all over the place.[:)]
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

I'm by no means scared of heights. I used to build tube and clamp scaffolding at heights of 100-150'+ day in and day out. You learn to really trust your balance. But I don't konw how I could hold a bead on a shot at more than 50yds with the tree swaying all over the place.[:)]
    Take a dremamine(sp?) before you climb the tree, it'll be no problem.

All I see are excuses from you. A real manly man would climb the tree and wait, didn't matter if it was an ice storm, snow storm or a bit of wind. Heck, a real manly man would even hang out at the top of a tree during a severe lightning storm.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did the same thing last night after the hunt. Muzzle loader starts today and I'm heading out in the AM. I'm using the old .54 cal tomarrow.