In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My Pop is 84, this Dec.29th....And doing well.

fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
As i bawl, like the spoiled brat, that i know i am.I want you all to know.I adore, and love that man.I have never once heard a complaint about how things are run these days.Or how things were run, back when. I'm talking about the man that handed me my RED RIDER. The man that showed me what it took to walk the fields, hedge-rows, and river banks, in order to maybe got a single shot, at a rabbit, Quail, or pheasant. To look for the best places to stomp, the best places to set.
He is very old now, and he can't go do those things any more. I know many of you ,have no idea what i'm talking about.. I am sorry for you.
My dad was 38 times my age,at one time.Now, he's less than twice my age.....

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he put up with you for all these years,.........he must be a saint!
    I am happy that he is still around![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Perhaps the best gift you can give him is what you posted here....Let him know how much he means to you and that you havent forgotten what he taught you..
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Cherish every moment, consider it an honor,...I'm sure he appreciate it...
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mom is 87 and wants us to take a cruise to Alaska next summer. She is on oxygen and will travel in a wheel chair, but is excited about going.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    My mom is 87 and wants us to take a cruise to Alaska next summer. She is on oxygen and will travel in a wheel chair, but is excited about going.

He Dog,........do it while you can!
    My mom wants to do the same, but she is only 66.
    Her health is not the greatest, but she does pretty good,.......I plan on taking her![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I'm very happy for you.

My Dad died in 1966 - none of my Children ever knew him.

I miss him every day.

Doug
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I miss my Dad every day too, and he was not one to complain either, not even when he found it hard to come up with six bits for a fleabag hotel room when he had a chance to visit me - I cherish all of the memories I have of him. I feel the same deep love and appreciation for my mother too.

I understand the feelings you have for your father too. Enjoy every moment you can in his presence each day and you won't have any regrets to that end.
    What's next?
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm happy for ya'll who still have your parents with you. My dear old Dad passed at the age of 69. (Now I'm a 40 year old orphan). Make the most of the time you have and enjoy them! [:)]