In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

J.C. Higgins model 200

MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Diamond in the rough?

One sat in the milk house growing up, and dispatched stray dogs and pigeons. While not very expensive a nice piece.

Comments

• Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GreatGuns
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie
    Diamond in the rough?

One sat in the milk house growing up, and dispatched stray dogs and pigeons. While not very expensive a nice piece.

Hmmm, sounds like what happened to our Butch when I was a youth. Mom let him out to whiz and he never came home. Although we all heard the shot, we still ran an ad in the local paper. Dogs didn't simply disappear back then. We always thought it was the guy down the street. Mean SOB and he hated everyone and everything. [V]

Dogs chasing dairy cattle through fences were fair game. Some might call it cruel; we saw it as protecting property. (all neihbors were informed of this before problem animal was dispatched.)
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Manufactured by Winchester High Standard I believe. I have a model 20 with an 18" bbl. Seems like a study little gun.