In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How do you carry?

Mr. AlMr. Al Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Down here in the south its to hot to wear nothing but shorts or jeans, So that don't leave much for concealment. I use a pocket holster with a 9mm double action. Question do any of you keep a round chambered in your pocket? Some times with jeans its a little tight drawing your gun and keep your finger away from the trigger.Seems to me this is safer way due to no safty. Need some input.

Comments

• Mr. AlMr. Al Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the winter I wear a jacket and in the summer I don't tuck my shirt in. I just stick my P89 in the small of my back with no holster. Been carrying it this way since March '99.I have spare mags in my "goodie" bag in the truck.
  • Mr. AlMr. Al Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    i carry holster on my dominant side. in cases where i am not supposed to be carrying i have a kel-tec p-32 that i carry front pocket of my jeans. i have a round in the chamber and ready to go. the kel-tec has such a massive travel distance on the trigger i am not worried about accidently shooting myself in the leg.
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never felt the need to carry. Although, When I traveled a lot, I always had a firearm in the vehicle!! Especially when in National parks!![^]
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry IWB with my shirt untucked if I want to conceal. Don't you wear a shirt?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    inside the pants holster under a loose fitting shirt, keep cool and comply with the concealed law at the same time..
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charleston SC wife beater onlyquote:Originally posted by cce1302
    I carry IWB with my shirt untucked if I want to conceal. Don't you wear a shirt?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W Mdl 36. IWB, shirt flopped out. Will fit WITH HOLSTER in front pocket of shorts. Ever see the lint that gets in barrel of a no-holster pistol? [:0]

More formal days, the IWB goes with a suit. Or shoulder rig for bigger piece.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Charleston SC wife beater onlyquote:Originally posted by cce1302

Oh. What does your city have to do with your shirt. Or are the words "Charleston SC" on your shirt?
  • IngallsIngalls Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unloaded locked in a case[:(!]
  • Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a kel tec p11 on my ankle in pants weather. shorts either IWB or since most of my shorts are cargo type (pockets w/ buttons on the leg) i just put it in one of the side pockets. it bangs around alot on my leg if i do alot of walking, so i try not to do too much of that. and yes, one is piped and ready to go.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One bullet buldging in my front shirt pocket.
  • smith52smith52 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ingalls
    Unloaded locked in a case[:(!]

Ingalls,
    Unloaded, locked in a case isn't going to save your life unless you plan to beat them with that case.

Pancake holset covered by a loose shirt.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    always on my side covered with a baggy T shirt.

NW FL
  • lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    las vegas,same type of clothes most of the time.pocket holster.

ruger lcr
    kahr pm9
    starting to pocket carry my judge ul (i swear)
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Cross draw IWB or Shoulder for the bigger one.

Shirt pocket, hip pocket, front pants pocket, for the little one.

Doug
  • HavegunJoeHavegunJoe Member Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IWB Tuckergunleather holster. I carry a 9mm Kahr P9.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kel Tec P11 w/147gr JHP's in a Smartcarry belly band. Insert booger hook in bang switch, pull, it goes boom, no fussing around.

BG goes "OH SNAP".[:D]
  • IngallsIngalls Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Unloaded, locked in a case isn't going to save your life unless you plan to beat them with that case.

Now if only Trenton understood that.....
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,020 ******
    edited November -1
    Summertime, cargo shorts, .38 Detective special in front pocket. My wife thinks I'm glad to see her.[8D]
  • Jesse1579Jesse1579 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Alabama so I don't have much options either. I carried a .38 special IWB for a long time, but now I usually carry a kel-tec p11 or a .38 special in my front pocket in a pocket holster.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Shorts inside pants holster above right pocket. or cargo shorts w/ pocket holster. Always chambered. By the time you draw to load the gun the fight may already be over. Hope we never have to find out.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    northwest flordia.

S&W hammerless 642 38spcl+P, IWB at the small of the back.its comfty in shorts, pants, and easy to cover with a t-shirt.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    No holster, and mostly a Government-configuration 1911 in my front jeans pocket, loaded chamber, hammer down. The gun may be in my pocket forwards or backwards, depending on whether I'm driving. The important thing is for it to be present, if I'm at Broadway and 7th at 2:00 A.M.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do you carry?

with a sling.[:)]
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    smart carry holster. ultimate deep concealment. I carry a Kahr pm9 or a Colt mustang that way. can't carry anything bigger that way (I could but I wouldn't be able to sit down!)
    defender and commander go IWB tuckable. Galco makes a nice one that doesn't cost your first born!
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indiana
    Anyway I darn well please![^]
    Usually though, it's holstered on the outside of my waistband, and covered with a jacket or shirt. It's LEGAL to carry open, but not always the best idea.

2".327fedmag
    2".357mag
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Along with quick, one hand on the forend, one on the stock!

At a minimum, my lcp upside down in my rear pocket, ready to go. Draw by picking up by the trigger guard. Either that or front pocket carry.

One more, ankle carry, galco ankle glove, g27.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    The porters tote my guns.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry the same gun the same way every day, year round. A S&W Mod 60-9 .357 five shooter with bobbed hammer in a homemade pocket holster which is a copy of a Triple-K pocket holster.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    One bullet buldging in my front shirt pocket.

Who are you, Barney Fife?
  • oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    quote:inside the pants holster under a loose fitting shirt, keep cool and comply with the concealed law at the same time..

+1
  • jsurvantjsurvant Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Inside the waste holster with shorts and untucked shirt. Chambered and ready.
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    heavily!
    hot, just shorts and no shirt, just tuck the 1911 in the pouch of my under-oos, get the gals lookin at me like my name is BOB[:D]

really, hot wheather the mak in a mib/iwb covers nicely with even a fairly snug shirt
    under 70 deg that i can wear a vest almost anything goes
    just for fun i un-loaded (for a local chiefs amusement)
    1- 1911A1 m.i.b.
    1- P64 9mm pocket
    1- 6" .357 revolver shoulder rig
    1- .22 revolver ankle holster
    1- 7" k-bar right hip under vest (about 3" visible under edge of vest)
    1- 4" folder pocket
    o.k. it was planned, he usually stops by if i am at that location on his shift, and usually asks "what ya got today?"
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smith 351PD / ankle holster
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My light carry gun is a Charter Undercover .38spl. 125gr JHP. DA only five shot snub nose. A pocket pistol.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Semi auto .45 dominant side belt holster, 9mm shoulder holster, 38 Spl. snub Mexican style, and left ankle 380 back up.