In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Never knew my grandpa

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
He passed away when I was 3 and I can't find any pictures of him.
He was in the 302nd SeaBee's during WWII and spent the war in the south Pacific. It's odd to think that one of the guys in this short video might be him...
http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675059732_Construction-Seabee-Battalion_wooden-boxes_wooden-planks_making-crates

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Never new either My Grandpa or Grandma on my moms side they passed in the 30's I was born in 56. On my Dads side I have no Idea since he passed when I was 4.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope you find a photo some day . do not give up .
    I wish you the best in your quest
    even you can just confirm one of the men is him

do not want to take over or compete with your story
    but this is my find

my grandfather on dads side was in WWI
    I knew him but never really spent any time with him just a day or so a few times a year when we would go back to Tennessee .
    I was about 16 when he passed
    before my dad passed of cancer I took him on a trip back to Tennessee to find old friends and family ,
    one was a very old lady maybe a aunt or cousin to dad he remembered she had a photo of his dad from WWI
    when visiting she left the room came out of the bed room with a old cookie tin of photographs like a time capsule maybe 30 or 40 photos none newer than the 1950's but in the mess there it was my grandfather in uniform standing in front of a old military truck . I made countless copy's and spread them thru out the family [^][^]
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. My mother's parents lived with us for maybe 10 years. Both died in the house. I remember my grandmother being carried out in some sort of "basket" carrier. Still very vivid in my mind. My father's parents were from Stutgard, Germany. He was a smart engineer type and had several machines he developed patented. My wife and I try to do as much with our 5 grandkids as we can. And so life goes on.