In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey nunn

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
In another thread you said that "Preserving post count is one of the high priority issues in developing the new forum software".

Can you tell me why it matters?

I am not trying to stir things up, but I really do not understand why it matters one little bit.

It seems like there are alot of more important things to take care of for this site than a stupid post count.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Take today off work would ya, or just turn off your radar gun and go have coffee. [;)]

I'd really hate to have a one sided conversation with you on the shoulder of the road (with you doing the talking and writing). [;)]

I'll be screaming through your town around sundown headed for the Big D in this.[}:)]
    truck2.jpg
    Just kidding about the 'screaming through town' part. [:p] If I had the time to stop, I'd offer to buy coffee or lunch.

If you're not working today, enjoy the evening. [:D]

Be safe and watch out for idiots on the roads. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I MISS U...............SEE YA TOMORROW NIGHT[:p][:p][:p]

LOVE U

DAWNIE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what ever happend with that guy you said you were gonna repord to the fbi? the one that talked highly about the fort hood shooter? hear anything back yet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So it is legal to own switchblades in Tx now? You just cannot carry it, right? Unless you are an emergency responder, Ie Cop, Firefighter or Paramedic? Right?

So if I join a volunteer Fire Dept. would I be qualified as a emergency responder?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I emailed you in response to your post in Politics from a few days ago. Did we already discuss what you wanted to discuss or is there another topic of discussion in reference to the previous emails on another subject that is the purpose of the post requesting I email you?

Wow, my head is spinning.....[:I][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Noticed you had to edit my topic title about Wells Fargo.

Sorry for the inconvenience... I really should have known better. This is one of those times where I let my anger get the better of me. I'll try not to let it happen again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how's your head? your hat still fit[:D]?
    hope you'r feeling better
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No locks till you are cleared by a Doctor[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like this ended out your way. You didn't happen to know this fella did you?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/shooting-191564281.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How's the recovery going?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Houston cops. Remember "TORES" the guy the houston cops tossed in the bayou so he could swim accross. They tossed him in 6 times, till he drowned. (no billed)
    How about the guy who threatened to shoot his self in the head?
    They(houston cops) shot him to untie traffic.
    How about the fourteen year old going home from bible study?
    Shot 17 times ( I mean the cop had to reload 3 times) He thought the kid had a gun, and would not drop it. ( holding a bible)
    I think your son was lucky not to have been shot resisting a police order.
    This is daily proceedure in Houston.
    I lived there for 25 years. Now I live in a very small town in Ky.
    I have true respect for police. Houston "cops" are not cops. They are thugs. That is not name calling just the truth.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is Mark doing?

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    TO YOUUUUUUUUUU!
    Woody & Dori[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In the shill bidding thread you mentioned that in Texas a seller is allowed to make on bid. If a seller makes the final high bid on their own item to stop it from going to cheap doesn't that sound foolish? It seems that they would be making their losses even greater by spending more money on an item that seemed to be worth lesss than what they thought. Do you see this often?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [}:)]I here ya got a new partner [}:)][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    BcrcrPhx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say thanks for some of your posts about taking personal checks. I started taking them with my last few auctions, with the understanding that the item wouldn't be shipped until they cleared. The longest has been 2 days. I like the idea that if the payment gets lost they can just cancel the check, and send a new one. Also has their address on it too..[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Gunbroker Forum spell checker is doing strange things to some religious words. [:D][:D][:D]

Paraphrasing Mark Twain: It's not what you know that makes you look stupid, it's what you know that just ain't so.

Volenti non fit injuria
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you have an AMT for sale
    sometime back? if so did you
    sell it?

Shadow62

look and you will see
    listen and you shall hear
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you related to Gary P. Nunn, the musician?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know what the deal is, but for some reason this site either loads damn slow or doesn't load completely. [V]

It always seems to hang up while loading the 'Sugar Bear' trivia thread' (and I don't even click on that thread).

If I click on 'stop', I can't reply, post a new topic, or the index page won't reload.

After clicking 'stop', I can go to any other website and it'll load in a matter of no time, even those site with a lot of graphics. [V]

WTH is up with that? Maybe ask your webmaster what the hell is going on. [?]

BTW, of all the different forums I visit, GB are the only forums that I have trouble loading. [xx(][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you move all of these political posts to the "Politics" forum? [}:)] [}:)]

Oh wait, you have to sleep sometime tonight. Sorry. [}:)] [;)] [:D]

P.S. Hope you two are feeling better.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    Better now. Thanks!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,391 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I always look foe sellers who will take checks. I have no problem waiting 7-10-14 days for my check to clear. Just way handier to drop a check in the mail, than jump through the money order hoops.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    As long as all the expectations are up front, I see no issue with it at all.[:)]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by asop
    I always mention in the "fed back" if the seller accepts CC's with no additional charge & faxed & or e-mailed copies of my FFL's cert. Really helpful to the buyer and MUCH faster transaction.