In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Goes Around ...

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
Little Georgie watched his daddy's car pass by the school playground and go into the woods.

Curious, he followed the car and saw Daddy and Aunt Jane in a passionate embrace.

Little Georgie found this so exciting that he could not contain himself as he ran home and started to tell his mother.

"Mummy, I was at the playground and I saw Daddy's car go into the woods with Aunt Jane. I went back to look and he was giving Aunt Jane a big kiss, then he helped her take off her shirt. Then Aunt Jane helped Daddy take his pants off, Then Aunt Jane........"

At this point Mummy cut him off and said, "Georgie, this is such an interesting story, suppose you save the rest of it for supper time. I want to see the look on Daddy's face when you tell it tonight."

At the dinner table, Mommy asked little Georgie to tell his story. Georgie started his story.

"I was at the playground and I saw Daddy's car go into the woods with Aunt Jane. I went back to look and he was giving Aunt Jane a big kiss, then he helped her take off her shirt, then Aunt Jane helped Daddy take his pants off, then Aunt Jane and Daddy started doing the same thing that Mummy and Uncle Bill used to do when Daddy was in the Army.
[:D]

Comments

• Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL![:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Hey Zip! Good joke there but I notice that you've been posting an awful lot of jokes lately. Are you maybe thinking of giving up your day job and breaking in a future night club act on us?[?][;)]

Don't stop posting them, Zip. We can all use a good laugh.[^]

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Slow_Hand:

Hey Zip! Good joke there but I notice that you've been posting an awful lot of jokes lately. Are you maybe thinking of giving up your day job and breaking in a future night club act on us?

Well, you are an astute enough lad! The real reason is because I get a lot of jokes/stories/interesting & not so interesting info every day.

I've posted this here before ... it kinda explains why I do what I do ... when I have the time.

Short Version:

When I first joined the net in the early 80's I kinda started a 'joke spam' - not intentionally, but that what it turned out to be.

There were no joke or humor sites in those days. There were a lot of bulletin boards that partially devoted themselves to that sort of thing - but not on the net.

I would pull some off my local bulletin boards and e-mail them to friends on the net.

What developed was Zipperzap's Chucklehead Line, hosted by The Grand Poohba of Humorous Swat (me).

I continued it for about 11 years - I joined AOL because they had the best bulk mailers at the time. I still have a $9 account to stay in touch with many of those old-timers.

When I finally didn't have enough time to continue in the mid-90s I sent out a notice that I was going to stop those daily bulk mailings (about 100+ as I recall) at the end of that week.

To my surprise (and horror) I was flooded with tons of replies telling me that I couldn't just quit. They came from hospitals, adult & child councillors, burn units, cops, firemen, just about every walk of life you can imagine. Most had a pretty good reason that I couldn't stop. Seems that "a lot of people depended on the Chucklehead Line" to "get them through the day!"

It seems that many of my Chucklehead Buddies had been forwarding them on to their friends and colleagues to the point that the readership was probably in the tens/hundreds of thousands. AOL called me and threatened to cut me off since I was obviously a record setting 'Spam Master' (I had to tell them this whole story before they booted me) - it took a week to get their OK to resume with them.

I was touched - but I was still tired of it, too - and too busy at that time to continue.

I found one of the more enthusiastic and prolific posters to the line to carry on - which he did for a few more years.

Ever since the Chucklehead Line, I have gotten from 20 - 30+ jokes/stories/interesting/boring mailings a day from those days of yore.

I post some here.

So, youse guys are kind of partial recipients of the old Chucklehead Legacy.

Fitting.
    [:D]
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Good deal Zip! The humor is always a refreshing change of pace. Keep posting them![^]
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] How is the studio job coming Zip? I never heard if anyone on the forum picked the name for the studio or not?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not supposed to discuss it here - but - I think it's OK now.

Believe it or not, and I can't believe it, either, but there
    is still no name yet. The web designers and ad guys
    are going crazy. Everything that has been seriously
    looked at is copyrighted/trademarked. Last week was
    supposed to be the very last week without a name.

There are websites that are devoted search engines for
    looking those things up - that's what I have been doing -
    one of the things I've been doing.

Name didn't happen.

We'll have a lock in this week sometime where we are
    `quarantined' to an office 24/7 until we come up with
    a combination name or one totally created for our
    particular studio - coastal/southern California/San
    Marcos/etc. Sounds like a lot of fun ... .[:o)]

Anyway, the retrofit portions are going on schedule and
    projected up and running date is still midsummer.

So far, it's been fascinating - but a lot of net work for me.