In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sheriff's out here again.

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
This time I called rather than saying anything myself.

The idiots started the raceing down the street again. But now they were takeing it easy untill they got in front of my house and then jumping on it.

I also was informed by another nieghbor that they almost hit my daughter goofing off. My daughter didn't tell me because she was scared of what might happen if she did tell me.

I got a sneeky feeling that this is going to be a long hard battle!

But it is a battle that I will win!

Comments

• Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Video! Video! Video! The three basic things you are going to need in court.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjew
    I wish I had a video camera, or could afford to jump out and buy one right now.

All I have is still cameras![:(]
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    I'm thinkin': just the sight of him out there with a video
    cam will be enough to make them consider racing elsewhere.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    SPIKE STRIPS!

Easy to put out and then hide later!

As for the video thing. Do you know someone that has a new cell phone with a camera? Most of them have the ability to take 30 second (or so) videos too.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought you just bought a new digital cam? most of them will do video.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Don

I agree,........but if yours won't, go to radio shack, and buy one of those fake surveillance cams. They won't know the difference.
    Of course, that won't help you if you must go to court.
    Bet one of your RIA's would stop it![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I donot know if I got enuff memory with 512mb to get any useable video. I'll need to read my manuel.
    Don
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done
    I donot know if I got enuff memory with 512mb to get any useable video. I'll need to read my manuel.
    Don

My 5.1 Megapixel camera can shoot about 12 minutes worth of video with the 512MB card.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don

I get about 45 min with my 5.1 / 1 gig card.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I am sure you could rent a camera cheap enough. Or go to a pawn shop and pick up one of the tape machines cheap. That will handle the job you need it for.

Or........a night mission down to their place with the ole ice pick tire deflator. Camo paint on your face, camo clothes, a Gilly Suite or Net. Maybe a bow and arrow or cross bow, arrows in the tires. One through the radiator for good measure, a car kill![}:)]Heh Heh Heh!
    The sheriff would get a big kick outa that move!![:0][:0]
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    He'd kick your * into jail !!

Doug
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I still opt for a good little rifle, with a nice scope and a silencer...

[}:)]
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    If you've got a computer and a webcam I could help you set up a motion sensing system that will only record while there is motion in defined areas.
  • Options
    Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The idiots started the raceing down the street again. But now they were takeing it easy untill they got in front of my house and then jumping on it.

I also was informed by another nieghbor that they almost hit my daughter goofing off. My daughter didn't tell me because she was scared of what might happen if she did tell me.

1911 time
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Drive some metal poles in the ground and build yourself a nice little speedbump!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Gunz

1911 time
    The only problem there is trying to deside which of my 6 1911's to use![:D]
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by badwrench
    OR . . .

Make a mannikin and hide behind a large shrubbery, wait for them to come roaring down the street and shove the mannikin in front of their car. Soiled britches aplenty, and maybe they munch into a telephone pole. One can always hope . . .
    thats good!![:D][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

1911 time

THe one you are willing to bury somewhere or throw off a bridge into deep water
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf

1911 time

This is a job for lorcin man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod

1911 time

Dang it! I sold my Jennings about 3 months ago![:(][:(]
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod

1911 time

+1
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sig232
    Or........a night mission down to their place with the ole ice pick tire deflator. Camo paint on your face, camo clothes, a Gilly Suite or Net. Maybe a bow and arrow or cross bow, arrows in the tires.
    The sheriff would get a big kick outa that move!![:0][:0]

better yet the hard to find flat...take 4 bb's and place one under each valve cap as you replace it, when they take the cap off to put air in, the bb falls out and vanishes...no proof!
    repeat as neccassary
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    go with the bmg I'll supply the gun, ammo, if you supply the target(s), plane ticket, place to stay. [}:)]

you got mail
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sell one of those 1911's and buy a video camera. Your children's lives are worth a hell of a lot more than a 1911. There are such things as priorities.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kevin, just buy a new barrel, extractor, and firing pin for one of your 1911s, shoot them with the new stuff installed, replace it with the old stuff and melt down the new stuff.

The phorensics people compare the rifling marks on the bullet used in the crime to ones used in investigative test fires out of the same gun.

They compare impact points on the primers used in the the crime to ones used in investigative test fires out of the same gun.

And lastly, they compare wear marks from the extractor on the cases used in the crime to ones used in investigative test fires out of the same gun.

No two barrels, firing pins, or extractors make the same marks on metal. The microscopic level is where the difference is.

It's amazing what you learn when you watch The Discovery Channel.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    25ft 3/16 steel cable , 3 wraps and tie on u joint, thread under car up under fuel rails back down 1 loop around distributer, and back to rear around gas tank. that'l fix em or awhile. p.s. better stay awake after though.[;)][:D]
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    Get a babysitter when you think they're likely to be hot rodding agian. Give kids to babysitters then open the mouth when they drive by and whip some serious * this time.

Another idea is accidently pull your Bronco out as they are zooming down the road at the last second and let them nail the front of your Bronco, heck it's the steel kind not the plastic by the pictures you've posted in the past. They can tell how fast they were going by the damage and skid marks they leave.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Sell one of those 1911's and buy a video camera. Your children's lives are worth a hell of a lot more than a 1911. There are such things as priorities.

Words of wisdom there...
    Or you could spend $20 on a bigger memory card.[:0]
    Don
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a video cam you can borrow with a tripod. Don't make me drive up there with the Ford and straighten these morons out. I will strap them to the hood like a deer. If your boy or daughter falls off their bike just because these idiots got too close god help them. Reckless endangerment with a vehicle. They have notice the kids are on the street.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I had a video camera, or could afford to jump out and buy one right now.

All I have is still cameras![:(]

you have a digital, most digitals have some sort of video feature, they suck, but it wouldn't need to be very good.
  • Options
    xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping for a video of the car going over the suggested spike strips. BTW, a tater jammed up the tail pipe is always good for a laugh. I've also been the victim of long roofing nails under the tires. Zip Stripping some racing stripes on the car might help identify it in the upcoming video. Not that i'm suggesting anything though cause that woundn't be very Christian of me.
    I'll dig out my dirty trick book if you need ideas. I keep it next to my Bible. Not sure why.
    Mike
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Local library might have a video camera that you can check out.

You need to contact the City or County attorney...TOMORROW!!
  • Options
    akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i like the night ops car killer idea, rambo style, a barrel full of buckshot will do a fine job though
  • Options
    Fatboy livesFatboy lives Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by badwrench
    If they have hubcaps, a hadful of rocks is always fun.

If you;re up for a night op, forget the overt stuff. Pop the hood and put a few quarts of styrene in with the engine oil. You can get it at WestMarine or any place that sells plastics or fibreglass supplies. Make sure it is styrene, as other products won't turn the trick.

What styrene does is act as a catalyst with the polymers in the engine oil. Add a little heat and BINGO, you have made a form of plastic. It'll seize an engine up so tight that repair is not an option. Only takes about twenty minutes to work it's magic, too.

If you can't get styrene, carborundum or glass beads from a blast cabinet in the oil does the opposite, with the same end result. It is a tad slower-acting, though. They will begin to wonder why they have so much blow-by and probably try to fix things as they break/wear excessively. This is the gift that keeps on giving, however. Unless they fully disassemble the engine and get it completely cleaned out, the stuff will always be there.

For the sheer annoyance factor, get a cheap cigar like an Optimo or Roi-Tan, slit it open and tntroduce it into their gas tank. Another gift that keeps on giving.

I'm starting to really really like badwrench. GrD you can also use some simple sand in the oil, epoxy putty also can cause all sorts of nasty things if you put your mind to it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcloco
    Local library might have a video camera that you can check out.

You need to contact the City or County attorney...TOMORROW!!
    I have been thinking about that.

I have been on the county for over a year to do something about the speeding on this street.

About a month ago they did put up one of those trailer radar things for 3 days. But where they put it was on a slight hill and the people could see the top of it before the radar had a view to clock them. So therefore they had slowed down untill they got past it. So the data (it records the times and how fast of a speed for every car.) that it collected was corrupt.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    As fun as it is to dream about the nasty things yo could do to their property, don't.

Don't touch them.
    Don't touch their stuff.

These idiots now know what it takes to get under your skin.

Don't let them.

They're putting your family at risk, but take the highest road possible and film them. Get lots of footage that even a good lawyer couldn't refute. It sounds like they're going out of their way to provide you with this.

The problem that you may have with local law enforcement is that you crossed the line from complaintant to combatant.

So it's now up to you to get as much as you can recorded and then go to the law.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just playing with my cammera.

I can get about 28 minutes of video on my 512mb card acording to the counter.

That should do. I can allways step inside and download to the computer and save to CDrom to clear the video.

I also think I will record these same people driving thier golf cart up and down the road as it is an unregister viechle and is not legal to be on the county roads with.

Point blank I will dig up as much trash on them as possible!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq

I still opt for a good little rifle, with a nice scope and a silencer...

[}:)]

Got an extra Maglight laying around?
  • Options
    spotty bobekspotty bobek Member Posts: 219 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I was your LEO,*-er-done I'd like a crack at straightening the boy's out.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it's time to talk to their "daddy".