In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sciatica...

TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Been shot, stabbed and run over...
BUT, this will introduce you to a
new kind of pain.

"Piriformis muscle is inflamed and
pressing your sciatic nerve".

Comments

• Options
    Wease01Wease01 Member Posts: 216 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been there and had that. But, piriformis syndrome is usually what they call it when they can't figure out what's wrong. Get an MRI to be sure.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ICE not heat. made that mistake once.... Back was sore so I turned on the seat heaters on the way to the beach. Got out of the truck and about fell over. Could not lift my little bag much less the fishing cooler...
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife was just diagnosed with it. Gave her Tramadal? and steroids
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    ICE not heat. made that mistake once.... Back was sore so I turned on the seat heaters on the way to the beach. Got out of the truck and about fell over. Could not lift my little bag much less the fishing cooler...

Yep Ice.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear this. I too have been there. Terrible. Best wishes.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a bout of that about 13 years ago. Agonizing pain! I tried everything under the sun to cure it but nothing seemed to work. Finally broke down and tried acupuncture. 90% gone after the first treatment, 100% gone after the second. Haven't had it since. Give it a go, it beats the hell outta hurtin'!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Live with it daily. Talk with a good physical therapist, there are exercises and stretches that can help a lot.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It flares its ugly head on me a couple of times each year, so agonizing I feel like I'm going to die.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comfortrac brand lumbar stretcher...got one at home and one at lake place ..the best management tool...cannot be used if one has had any kind of back fusion ...OK with a trim and tuck on discs...supine traction...one back tune, line and grind worked for years but now is wore out more
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    If you have not used those tens units sold over the counter, I found it be be pretty darn useful.

Buy extra batteries.

Those look to be pretty cheap. Go for FDA certified? Any recommendations?
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I've had it for years.
    I've tried the shots, they lasted about 6 months and were expensive as hell.
    I go to the chiropractor every 3 weeks or when it really starts hurting, more often.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    If you have not used those tens units sold over the counter, I found it be be pretty darn useful.

Buy extra batteries.

Those look to be pretty cheap. Go for FDA certified? Any recommendations?

I got the IcyHot version, cheap and works for me, but it is a tad inconvenient because there is no remote control.

Plus, it is available almost everywhere.

BTW, take the billfold out of your back pocket.

These are $2 less than what Wally wants for the IcyHot one... 4 channels, 12 programs plus custom.