In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

18yr Old 200mph Supercar

m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
RIP

I had a 1965 vett with the 396 when I was 18. There were more than a few times I could have been killed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/30/new-york-teen-dies-taking-lamborghini-for-once-in-lifetime-test-drive/

My old vett.

1corvett2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These new cars have super power. There will be more [xx(]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    The cockpit looks as if it stayed intact... Was he wearing his seat belt [?][?]
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    The cockpit looks as if it stayed intact... Was he wearing his seat belt [?][?]
    With that angle there's no telling what the drivers side looks like.

lam2b.jpg?ve=1&tl=
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m88.358win

RIP

I had a 1965 vett with the 396 when I was 18. There were more than a few times I could have been killed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/30/new-york-teen-dies-taking-lamborghini-for-once-in-lifetime-test-drive/

My old vett.

1corvett2.jpg

I used to have a Vette also. Mine had a 454 4 speed in it.

scan0025.jpg

scan0024.jpg
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess in this case it really was a "once-in-a lifetime" experience.

The driver's side pic:

lamborghini31n-4-web.jpg
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, I'm going to throw this out for discussion. Who is the bigger dingus.

The father of the 9 year old that shot the instructor with the Uzi

Or the father of this Mensa candidate? (perhaps the father was not involved in the decision so lets go with the owner of the vehicle.)

I know a 16yr old that races NASCAR trucks and K&N, he probably could handle that car, but I have seen him wipe out some equipment, On the other hand, he had a little help getting into the wall.

We saw a Nissan GT-R and a Porsche 911 S4 doing stupid poop in traffic this morning on the way to the Tech game. They were both with us in traffic for a few miles with nothing unusual going on then with traffic moving around 80 the GT-R just downshifted dove to the far right lane and was gone in the blink of an eye. The Porsche was not to be left behind.