In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Response from customer support

tx-techtx-tech Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
How long does it typically take to get a response from customer support? I filed an issue on 4/5/2013 and have not received a response.

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IBTL
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The hall monitors will be here to tell you that the forums are not for auction suppport. One moderator will copy and paste the posting guidelines and lock the thread, he lives for this stuff.

Don't let that discourage you like so many others before you.

With that being said, support is backed up and has been since the panic started a few months ago. Be patient and your issue will be addressed.
  • Options
    tx-techtx-tech Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    The hall monitors will be here to tell you that the forums are not for auction suppport. One moderator will copy and paste the posting guidelines and lock the thread, he lives for this stuff.

Don't let that discourage you like so many others before you.

With that being said, support is backed up and has been since the panic started a few months ago. Be patient and your issue will be addressed.

Thanks Redneck, I appreciate the helpful reply.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I filed a support issue 4 months ago, & have heard nothing.

I suggest that you try to figure out a solution on your own.

Neal
  • Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Customer service is behind 2-4 months due to the buying panic. Give it time and they will get to you.
  • Options
    rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
    edited November -1
    IBTL

You got the correct answers above, now that you've introduced yourself, any other irritations we can help you with?
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Not surprised at all. GB Support did a fine job for me before the BIG SCARE. But then I expect good customer support in the gun industry generally. Fits my experiences over several decades.

Come the BIG SCARE and everyone is just struggling to keep their noses above the flood of orders, phone calls, emails, snail mails, etc.

In times of panic and crazed buying, patience is the best antidote.

Shooting is also a good stress reliever. Went out Sunday and popped off some .223, some .22LR and some 9mm.

Normally I only shoot 9mm out to 25 yards. But noticed someone had left a milk jug out around 40 yards. Surprised the heck out of me that I could hit it with my Ruger SR9! Slightly high and left, whacked it!

Think I ought to re-sight that gun in at 50 yards and play some more ...

Oh, sorry I wandered off topic ... what were we talking about again?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like cheese.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rscoleman88
    I like cheese.

Got ya' covered ...
    MousePeekSwissCheese.jpeg
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dun dun dun ... IBTL
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Ah what the heck. IBTL
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You would think as much as the auction side makes that the auction side would hire some more folks for support.
    What if a LGS gave this kind of service?

IBTL
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd
    You would think as much as the auction side makes that the auction side would hire some more folks for support.
    What if a LGS gave this kind of service?

IBTL

Aw sweetie, you ok? They hire more now, they'd have to lay them off in normal times. Nobody wants that, it's a waste of money. I've hare a support issue in since late Feb. or early Mar. They'll get to it when they get to it.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time CaptFun (one of the GB big-wigs) gave us a number, he said that there were over 10,000 pending customer support issues.

He also said that if you make any changes to your support ticket, it goes to the back of the line.

Glad we were able to answer your question, and welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had it under 5000, but billing ran last week and it has shot back up to 6300. We have doubled the staff answering questions and have even made the engineering staff put in one day a week helping. I have a few more interns that will be back as soon as school gets out so hopefully we can beat it back to zero before 1 June.

It takes so long to train someone on all the intricacies of our systems that the last thing I want to do is hire enough people to handle the crush and then just have to lay them off when it dies down.

Before the election we were running 150 support issues a day at the peak of the craziness it was 1500...