In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Downtown Atlanta flooding today.

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
This is what happens when no maintenance is done on storm sewers in a city ran by government freeloaders. Luckily no food stamps or welfare checks were damaged so life goes on in Atlanta.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/downtown-connector-closed-due-to-flooding/nmRtQ/

connectorflood2_zpsylob8wby.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure this has been brought up before but if you live in a area being flooded I wonder how many cars are intentionally flooded to collect insurance . I know most would never do such but I would guess it happens . like the buss crashes in NY rumor I use to hear 10 people on the bus after the crash 50 would be sitting on it waiting on help [:D] pre camera days
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was at Tech in the 80's we had a storm like today. There are storm drains that follow the old Peachtree Creek basin right through the middle of campus. They were built in the late 1800s and you could drive several semis side by side through them. The water came through so hard and so fast it blew manhole covers 30 feet into the air and flooded the bottom level of Peters Parking deck 6 ft deep in a matter of minutes. I suspect that is what happened down there today.

I was at home all day, nary a drop of rain, but oldest daughter was at her boyfriends Baseball game maybe a mile away. She got drenched.