In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Took me three days to dump edge

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
I have used FIREFOX for a few years now. I am comfortable with it and I don't want to change. I gave MICROSOFT EDGE on my new laptop a chance and did not like the way it operated so HELLO TO FIREFOX, again. I missed you and learned my lesson.

Change and adapt as you must; resist change for the sake of change.

I do not like the type face in Microsoft 10, it is too skinny for my reading style.

Comments

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Google Chrome. It works for me better than Internet Explorer but then I guess anything is better than Internet Explorer.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    now wait a minute are you saying you don't like skinny [?]I am offfended[}:)][;)][:I]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    Told ya.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MS Internet Explorer is the most widely used browser....to download a different browser.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chrome will probably do you better by itself than others
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be able to change the font size and script type set fairly easily...

You may be able to select bold as well...

More advanced is altering the shading or color of the background and type face - contrast between the two can be helpful...

Mike
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please help.I used my Gateway for 13 years and was still using XP and Chrome until about a week ago with absolutely no problems.Was still getting auto updates on XP, don't know why because I thought support stopped. Of course updates for Chrome on XP is history but I still kept plugging along.Got a black screen about a week ago and figured PC shop knew a lot more than me.They pulled drive and got documents and pictures off but not e-mails.Paid them $108.Asked for my drive and old computer back.Took it home,popped case put drive back in and Gateway works like a champ.My guess is ribbon assembly just needed to be reset.Yesterday sent my old e-mails on Gateway to myself on Frontiers mail server and back to Lenova H50.Pictures on five e-mails did not come thru so I resent them seperately instead of as attachments.Now Lenova takes my password but does not jump to desk top like it use to. No e-mails or personal data.Screen says sign out and sign back in usually fixes problem.Lots of luck.Two remarks to right say an App has caused setting to default to Edge.Back to shop this morning and tech is dumfounded.Left Lenova H50. Bet he will call tomorrow and say diagnostics are free but I need $99 to fix it.If he does I am thinking of taking $500 computer out to range and turn my Garand loose on it. Maybe a whole case of FMJ.Any Ideas,what would you do!
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jim_lemay
    Tor is safer.

If you really knew how that worked you would run away from it like a screaming girl in a cheap horror movie. ALL of the traffic on the exit nodes is unencrypted (by design) so that the bad guys hosting the exit node can sniff your packets.

It might hide where you are slightly, but it sure as hell does not protect the data in your stream. And I have tools these days (as I'm sure NSA and everyone else does to track you down....)

Going now to check out your login history.... [:D] Slow Halloween.....