In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tornado Locust Fork

BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Kasey go to the storm shelter, it is headed your way.

Comments

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She told me they are heading for it. Waiting to hear back from her.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey and everyone in its path please please be ok!!!! You are in thoughts of my entire family tonite
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Terrible news. The deaths were in Athens, west of Huntsville, north of Decatur, a good 85 to 95 miles north of Remlap. The night ain't over, lots of active warnings still all over the South and Midwest.

I've worked a bunch in the Huntsville - Madison area and been rushed into tornado shelters a number of times. Never had one come close enough to see or hear it. Last work there was in a factory near the Huntsville airport, about 25 miles from this incident.

Sure hope that's all the bad news around there for now.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,270 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't look to bad in Birmingham right now, I guess the worst has passed. I am looking at the radar on my computer.
    But, I am next!. I am 60 miles north of Mobile on I 65 at a truck stop. We have a tornado watch until 3:30 am. Hasn't started raining yet but will soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is 2:00 am here, eastern time here at the truck stop. That storm is just kicking in, heavy lightning, rain just beginning, wind gusts of 35 mph.
    I am loaded heavy with 40,645 pounds of crushed, baled plastic Coke bottles for recycling. Gross vehicle weight 74,590 pounds.
    I wonder if my truck is heavier than Dorothy's house was...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    It doesn't look to bad in Birmingham right now, I guess the worst has passed. I am looking at the radar on my computer.
    But, I am next!. I am 60 miles north of Mobile on I 65 at a truck stop. We have a tornado watch until 3:30 am. Hasn't started raining yet but will soon.

Looking bad there. Can you head southeast?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IMG_0438_zps11c45bcc.jpg

Good God! It doesn't look good. Just took this pic from the live radar. I am right in the middle of this, about 10 miles south of the storm on I 65.
    My clock has run out it would be illegal to drive.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for thinking about me! I swear....the most frustrating part is trying to keep your kids aware of what is going on without making them panic.

"I'm going to my room"......no...stay here with me for now.

"I'll just be upstairs".....NO...if I need you to get in the hall closet I don't want to have to find you.

"WHY would you want me to get in the closet".....just quit...sit there...hush...and if I say to do something you better do it.

"Everyone on Facebook says they are fine"....well...that is good.

"I'm going to my car to get my phone charger".....no....why would you go OUT there are you looking at the map that I'm looking at....did you HEAR the weatherman say "LOCUST FORK" just now.

It was so frustrating because both of my kids were bored through the whole mess. Larry couldn't leave work until after 1am. He said driving home was interesting.....water over the road everywhere.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm just glad you all are still around to be mad at each other. after a night like that sounds like you need a nap......
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    Glad you're all o.k. [:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    I'm just glad you all are still around to be mad at each other. after a night like that sounds like you need a nap......

I really REALLY do!!!

I didn't go to sleep until after 3am. I did sleep until 8 or 8:30 this morning. I am DRAGGING!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good news, we're sssssoooo glad you and family are good. You should be able to hear the big sigh of relief from around here!!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    What good does a closet do?

glad to hear all is well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

There is nothing else here....it is the smallest room in the center of our house. The other option is to put on Liam's football helmet and sit in the bathtub. [:D]

I should have gone to my in-laws house to stay in their basement, but I'm lazy!!!! So I put off going anywhere until it was too late.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

There is nothing else here....it is the smallest room in the center of our house. The other option is to put on Liam's football helmet and sit in the bathtub. [:D]

That mental image made me laugh.

Good to hear you're all OK.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Pay Attention Don't Be Lazy kasey, So we Don't Have to Worry So Much[;)]quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese

I should have gone to my in-laws house to stay in their basement, but I'm lazy!!!! So I put off going anywhere until it was too late.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Somebody down that way ought to start going around with a backhoe digging up people's yards. A simple shelter could be cooked up for not much money. Wouldn't be pleasant, not even clean maybe. Safer than a closet in a frame house though.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Yea, if I were forced at gunpoint to live in tornado country I would damn sure have a storm shelter of some kind. Kasey, give those kids a shovel.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thunder woke me up at 2:30 AM......Rolled over and went back to sleep...Storming here now!Flash Flood alert.and the creek is rising fast.....I should have bought that boat......3:05 PM as of now...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah....a storm shelter is on my "list of stuff" to do.....but you all know how this kind of thing works...something breaks, something school related comes up for the kids, business slows down.....next thing you know you are pulling the box fans and vacuum cleaner out of the hall closet "JUST IN CASE."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah....a storm shelter is on my "list of stuff" to do.....but you all know how this kind of thing works...something breaks, something school related comes up for the kids, business slows down.....next thing you know you are pulling the box fans and vacuum cleaner out of the hall closet "JUST IN CASE."

Time to start thinking "Hobbitt Style"!
    sunlit-earthbag-dome-sm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe

Time to start thinking "Hobbitt Style"!
    sunlit-earthbag-dome-sm.jpg

That would be PERFECT!!! (Until Larry filled it with his "treasures".) [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn... Just found out that young man that was killed in Tuscaloosa last night was a good friend of my cousins son. The wall where they were taking shelter fell on him. [V]