In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BIG OL NEWBIE MISTAKE

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, appears they are unable to read and are still at the picture book level[;)]
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Won't they be suprised when they find out how much they are going to pay for one box of ammo. Ouch!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    Won't they be suprised when they find out how much they are going to pay for one box of ammo. Ouch!

It also says you can have up to 5 boxes at the winning bid/price. [B)] [:D]
  • Options
    Astro MikeAstro Mike Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad

It also says you can have up to 5 boxes at the winning bid/price. [B)] [:D]

I assume he means however much you bid, you can pay that same amount per box for more.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offering more than one item in a listing is a violation of the User Agreement. (Not to mention the bidders were going to be mad!)
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    Offering more than one item in a listing is a violation of the User Agreement. (Not to mention the bidders were going to be mad!)

Really? So one can't sell a rifle and bayonet? Seriously?

Astromike yes that's what I/the auction meant. [B)]
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    even at that price it did not meet reserve,,so no one won anything
  • Options
    PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why can't you have a dutch auction??Nobody one any way but at 36.89 is alot of monety for that.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    So someone bid nearly $37 for a single box of ammunition holding 50 rounds (about 75 cents per shot) and it still was not enough to meet the reserve? Is that Fiocchi ammo made with platinum and gold?
  • Options
    BLACKJACKBLACKJACK Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After the action expired he relisted the ammo starting again at $15.00 but this time with no reserve. Don't make much sense to me.

Black Jack[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The point is he relisted it as a Dutch Auction. The first listing was for One Box (But you can have more at the same price.) The "You can have more at the same price" part is a violation of the User Agreement. He could list it as One lot of Five Boxes or a Dutch Auction at a lower price but Qty 5. We removed the original listing to allow him to correct it.
  • Options
    rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The point is he relisted it as a Dutch Auction. The first listing was for One Box (But you can have more at the same price.) The "You can have more at the same price" part is a violation of the User Agreement. He could list it as One lot of Five Boxes or a Dutch Auction at a lower price but Qty 5. We removed the original listing to allow him to correct it.

Thanks to me, I guess[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Even though the text said one box, people were bidding like it was 5 and that situation is only going to end in unhappy bidders, unhappy sellers and us having to waste time with Customer service. I decided the easiest thing to do was have a mulligan.

quote:Originally posted by rdc5

Thanks to me, I guess[;)]