In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Diesel today $2.489

nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
I have had my TDi since October 2011, cheapest fuel so far [:)]

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Diesel here is about $2.80 and gas about $2.60.
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gas was $2.099
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    $2.49-$2.39 diesel here.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    It has barely gotten lower than $4 here,in the last 8 years...
    WELCOME TO PALM BEACH!!!![:(!][:(!][V]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Just filled up $2.79.
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up to 2.95 gal. here again. Orlando area
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    Up to 2.95 gal. here again. Orlando area
    Dang Gary... Orlando must have a higher percentage of EMPLOYED people that Palm Beach Co.
    I wouldda thought it'd be as pricey there as here..
    We must have MANY MORE slug suckers that y'all..[V][V]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About $2.75 here.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $ 2.44 when i fill up yesterday.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $2.53 here dropped a whole $.02 yesterday.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only fill up about once a month and I scored $2.38 at one point (which was a Shell and then I got Kroger points on top of that so $2.28)

Looking a getting my oldest a VW TDI this summer (if she keeps her scholarship) Any particular options I should look for or shy away from? (Mrs and I have MB diesels , but we have not had a VW in the family since I was a kid.) The Durango she is currently driving will go to her sister that only needs to go to high school 2 miles away....
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    I only fill up about once a month and I scored $2.38 at one point (which was a Shell and then I got Kroger points on top of that so $2.28)

Looking a getting my oldest a VW TDI this summer (if she keeps her scholarship) Any particular options I should look for or shy away from? (Mrs and I have MB diesels , but we have not had a VW in the family since I was a kid.) The Durango she is currently driving will go to her sister that only needs to go to high school 2 miles away....

TDI's are great on mpg but upkeep is more costly than gas by far. Fuel is more at the pump, you have to replace the timing belt every 100,000 miles and when they do that they also replace the water pump, idler pulley,and cam shaft seal . All for about 1500.00 give or take. When looking at any used TDI's over 100,000 miles make sure the belt has been changed. If you don't change the belt, it's called a interference motor meaning the Pistons and valves meet in not so friendly way to the tune of 3000 to 5000 dollars just to get it running again enough to sell it. Other than that they are a great car.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets pray for lower energy prices...[;)]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

My Chev Cruze Diesel Get on Average 39-41 MPG per tank. If mostly Hwy it would be Higher.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    TDI's are great on mpg but upkeep is more costly than gas by far. Fuel is more at the pump, you have to replace the timing belt every 100,000 miles and when they do that they also replace the water pump, idler pulley,and cam shaft seal . All for about 1500.00 give or take. When looking at any used TDI's over 100,000 miles make sure the belt has been changed. If you don't change the belt, it's called a interference motor meaning the Pistons and valves meet in not so friendly way to the tune of 3000 to 5000 dollars just to get it running again enough to sell it. Other than that they are a great car.

I had a Jensen Healey that had interference pistons. It also jumped the timing belt on a regular basis. after 2 rebuilds it went to the dump. I still have the heads and valve covers and a few parts to sell.... I sold the block and transmission for more each than one could buy a running car at the time.