In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taxes are done and filed

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Getting a refund on both; beats owing I suppose. Makes me sick how much I paid in for government to fund more corrupt government.

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My feeling on paying taxes is "Why do it now when you can put if off until tomorrow"[^]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats. Best to do it early and be done with it...
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do mine little by little as forms come in. Don't e-file until the first week of April though.[:)]

Why should I hurry, I always owe them no matter what.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Did mine last week. Got back my state on Thursday that will pay for half my Fed.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you get a refund that means you gave them an interest free loan. Just send me the money instead & I will be glad to hold it for you.
    I prefer to owe them but keep it under $1000 to avoid the penalties.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    If you get a refund that means you gave them an interest free loan. Just send me the money instead & I will be glad to hold it for you.
    I prefer to owe them but keep it under $1000 to avoid the penalties.

OMG...the Feds got $20 in interest...bpost is patriotic, doing his part to give a lil extra to the deficit. I like getting a refund too bpost, I did my taxes 3-4 days ago. I might already have my state refund in the bank. I like paying my car insurance a year in advance along with a few other big bills, like property taxes and then doing a house project with the rest.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to wait until the last minute to get that extra $ 0.04 return in the old money market account.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to pay 3,500 this year........ [B)][xx(]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine will be really different to do this year and messed up as well.
    Never had to claim pension & social security income. The wife had some unemployment and some work income. Three of the 4 I never had to deal with before.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Now will you come and do mine Bruce
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Mine will be really different to do this year and messed up as well.
    Never had to claim pension & social security income. The wife had some unemployment and some work income. Three of the 4 I never had to deal with before.

Wait until you discover the marriage penalty built into the tax on Social Security.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Mine could be screwy this year because of the inheritance I received from my Grandma's estate.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Now will you come and do mine Bruce

Hey Karl, Turbo Tax is your friend! I have used it for years, it is easy and accurate. www.turbotax.com [:D][:D][:D]