In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I support the police.

cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Especially the chief in SLC, who says:

quote:
"I'm just convinced that when we don riot gear, it says `throw rocks and bottles at us.' It invites confrontation. Two-way communication and cooperation are what's important."
"We're not the military. Nor should we look like an invading force coming in."
"It should never be the goal to write a no-knock warrant. As police officers, our goal should always be to use the lowest possible level of force to fulfill our responsibilities."
"Too often we start with the highest level of force. We should always start at the lowest level. If the police show up and the situation deteriorates, then that's our fault. We haven't done our job right. I think we get too caught up in the whole officer safety thing. The danger you expose everyone to in these raids is significant."

Speaking of drug busts, Burbank states, "Why not just send two uniformed cops to the house that same afternoon? They knock. They say, `Hey. Knock it off.' The drug dealers pick up and leave. No guns drawn, no raid. Which approach will have a more immediate effect on the neighborhood?"

http://downtrend.com/james/were-not-the-military-nor-should-we-look-like-an-invading-force-coming-in-this-police-chief-gets-it/

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    the better solution is to remove the prohibitions on various chemicals. If someone wants to ingest some chemical for whatever reason- fine. With the government no longer spending lives and wealth seeking to restrict the citizens, nor having the need to pick up the pieces of the citizens poor decisions, the stupid ones would eliminate their genes from the pool and the rest of us could get on with life. No more drug cartel money & influence; no more drug smuggling at the border or booby trapped USFS land.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He seems to have found the right career.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like this quote from Battlestar Galactica: There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
    RLTW

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he has got a lot of my respect right now...police uniforms should be BLUE.....no need for all the ninja warrior stuff unless a violent situation is going on...protect and serve...safely...the public need not be trained to view police as the enemy....
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The war on drugs as resulted in so many lost freedoms there is not room to list them, and a De Facto police state.