In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

308 scope

johalljohall Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
i'm looking for a scope for my cetme. i bought a scope and mount but the scope i got is canted. i'm thinking about sending it in to get fixed but i bought it used here. the scope was a T28 4x28 Scope like the one shown here. http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=OPT8628&back=yes&dept=101&last=75. i dont know if i want to pay 100.00 for a new one. are there any cheaper scope that are set up for the 308 round. the one i have has a bullet drop compensator.

Comments

• Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    johall, optics is one of those situations where, with the rare, exceptional find, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. That being said, I personally don't know of a quality scope for $100, except for maybe a Bushnell Banner(shotgun scope). You may find a GOOD DEAL on a used, better quality scope either here or one of the other gun-related sites if you keep an eye out.
    Best of Luck[:)]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Buy it cheap, buy it twice" that being said 100 bucks will let you get on paper (sometimes[:D]). As for 4X28 scope might be more for a BB gun than a Cetme in .308Win I mean the silly thing must be pencil thin. Don't know what you paid for the rifle but I'd spend as much if not more on the optics (but that's just me). My 100 dollar scope (including shipping) is a beater and I know it[:D]. I'm still saving up for Nightforce and trying to justify the "cost" and "time" I'll be spending with it.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a used Burris. They have a forever warranty, that is a long time.

The ballistic plex scopes have a drop compensator chart.