In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

State workers in Jeff City get day off for the ecl

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "non-essential state workers", heck that's the whole lot of them
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always thought when I was working and they declared some problem or emergency and gave the day(s) off for non essential employees, if they were non essential why did they still have jobs ? ?
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    that's just stupid,,[V][V][V]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 47studebaker
    I've always thought when I was working and they declared some problem or emergency and gave the day(s) off for non essential employees, if they were non essential why did they still have jobs ? ?

Bingo!

Most gov hires are for those who can't make it in the real world or have bad attitudes.. 3/4 of all government workers could disappear tomorrow and the producers in the would never know it.

A huge portion of our taxes goes toward paying these people.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure they will need to provide Glasses for those less fortunate too quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    total bs, at tax payers expense

http://fox2now.com/2017/07/28/state-workers-in-jefferson-city-get-day-off-for-the-eclipse/
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went through several budget cycles where the revenue was down and some belts were tightened, and lay-offs were anticipated. Had to prepare a plan of who to lay off and how to cover their work load. It always seemed the plan was to lay off janitors and maintenance workers, never assistant department heads (could have laid them all off with no loss of services).

One cycle I proposed since labor was the most expensive component of my budget, and I was the highest paid, I was the logical one to lay off for greatest salary savings. Needless to say there were no lay-offs in my section.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you saw the three stooges your tax dollars are paying to rebuild hanger doors at our airport taking five days for a six hour job you would see the level of incompetence is mind numbing.