In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FIL not doing good at all

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Need both legs amputated, 10% kidney function left, CHF and like three other major things going on. He went down hill fast when his wife went into the nursing home last year. It was like he lost all will to live.[V] He was always a mountain of a man and full of energy. The worst part is he won't listen to the doctors and curses at them all. The ended up throwing him out of rehab and now he is home alone. I just hope his pain ends soon and he doesn't suffer much. Oakie

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I agree.Best to go quickly and avoid as much suffering as possible.Prayers asked for a smooth passage to the next phase of life.
    My Pop got lucky and passed in his sleep,nothing but the pains of being 90 yo.
    Sad but,for the best,I am sure.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear . I hope for a peaceful outcome for him , as most men know stubborn is a difficult trait to let go .

I do believe at some point people just throw in the towel
    I had a great uncle and aunt marred will over 60 years were like two peas in a pod . that was 20 years ago [V]
    when one passed away the other followed with in a couple weeks .
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear, Oakie. Seems like you and Donna have had more than your fair share lately.

We will pray for a peaceful journey. I have been lucky. Both my Dad and my FIL went to bed one night, and just forgot to wake up the next morning.
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers asked for him and his.[:(]
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PRAYERS FOR ALL
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a small town not far from here, a couple in their mid 70's were found dead from murder-suicide. They had been married over 50 years, and the lady was in terrible pain from RA and OA, along with osteoporosis. The husband called the police telling them that they would find two bodies at their address, then evidently shot his wife and then himself with a 410 shotgun. Their family said that they understood and asked for prayers for forgiveness for their folks.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,092 ******
    edited November -1
    Darn shame. Is this the same FIL that assaulted your son for farting?
    Have you's been able to patch things up?
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10% kidneys it will be over soon. Prayers.
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there Oakie. This is gonna be a tough time for you. You know where to find me if ya need anything.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent. This kind of stuff is always very hard.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our familys thoughts are with you and your wife, Oakie.