In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dr. Tom-Facebook.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    April 20th is pretty current, I would agree.

The boy looks pretty good for being room temperature for so long. Zombie Doctor, it should be an SNL skit.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    If he came back and posted here today,would y'all run him out on a rail or forgive him and welcome him back.
    Personally,I would like to have him back and posting again.
    I have no idea why he would jilt us like he did but,none of us are perfect and I really enjoyed his posts.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I liked him a lot. When he announced he was dying, and then when his "wife" posted that he was gone, I'll admit. I cried a little. I was sad for a long time. I prayed countless prayers for him and the comfort of his family. I'm glad he isn't dead. I don't know why he did what he did, but it was a betrayal of people who genuinely cared for him. I can forgive a betrayal, but forgetting comes hard.

quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    If he came back and posted here today,would y'all run him out on a rail or forgive him and welcome him back.
    Personally,I would like to have him back and posting again.
    I have no idea why he would jilt us like he did but,none of us are perfect and I really enjoyed his posts.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got to love this posting, I removed the name just because it seemed wrong not to do so. Notice the date.

May 5, 2015 ?

I have been asked to post this here also by a number of people: LOCALS!!!
    Just a quick note to STOP the RUMOR mill- Dr. Tom Plumeri is ALIVE and WELL! He has NOT died of cancer! I have talked to Michelle, his wife, and they do not know how the rumor started. The people who posted it on Facebook and a gun group he used to frequent are strangers to Tom and Michelle, they do not know them. DR. TOM IS ALIVE AND WELL (and doesn't have cancer)!
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    Got to love this posting, I removed the name just because it seemed wrong not to do so. Notice the date.

May 5, 2015 ?

Just a quick note to STOP the RUMOR mill- Dr. Tom Plumeri is ALIVE and WELL! He has NOT died of cancer! I have talked to Michelle, his wife, and they do not know how the rumor started. The people who posted it on Facebook and a gun group he used to frequent are strangers to Tom and Michelle, they do not know them. DR. TOM IS ALIVE AND WELL (and doesn't have cancer)!
    Hilarious. Is that on the Fake book site linked above?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, he's probably already posting here under a different name. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave

May 5, 2015 ?

Hilarious. Is that on the Fake book site linked above?

Found on FB but was posted by a local community member, why I dropped the name. I love the parts in bold above.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is dead in my book; good riddance to him too. It is no joke to fake a cancer death when our friends, forum members and family members die from it way too often.

It is no way to play gotcha hahaha.

He has had every opportunity to clarify his painful drawn out death and has chosen not to.

Maybe he will swallow a 45 and stop the drama for good.

Piss on him.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like bpost said,,tricks are one thing,,the guy was playing good people on a fictitious disease,,I have had more than one relative die from cancer. SO GO BLOW TOM. you are facing that old Karma.,,[|)]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And to think I gave him my recipe for chicken dumpling soup. I guess the recipe died with him.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    He looks the nut job I pictured him to be.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had posted a quote on his facebook hospital page, " Is this the same Tom, that died on GunBroker and hurt a lot of his friends???" I then quickly removed it. Hey, I am not perfect, but I wouldn't have done what he did. He truly died that day to a lot of us. He had ample opportunity to come on here and explain what someone else had said, that it was not him posting this stuff. That is all BS. It was him. I cannot remember anyone else's call sign on here, being taken over or hacked, and I have been on here since 3/2000. Has anyone else heard of this happening??? Captain??? As far as I am concerned, he is dead. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I posted on the page and will leave it, not like it will matter.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Happened with kumate. Someone got into his account, and posted that he had died. Took him some time to convince us that he wasn't dead!

quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I had posted a quote on his facebook hospital page, " Is this the same Tom, that died on GunBroker and hurt a lot of his friends???" I then quickly removed it. Hey, I am not perfect, but I wouldn't have done what he did. He truly died that day to a lot of us. He had ample opportunity to come on here and explain what someone else had said, that it was not him posting this stuff. That is all BS. It was him. I cannot remember anyone else's call sign on here, being taken over or hacked, and I have been on here since 3/2000. Has anyone else heard of this happening??? Captain??? As far as I am concerned, he is dead. Oakie
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie

There was someone on here that had a neighbor kid get onto his account and post that he was dead, then changed his login info.

Wasn't it kumate? I think he had a "kumate lives" account for several years.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what was his forum handle?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

,,,,,,,,,you asking 'bout Spartacus ??????

Dats him, I fergets it. [:0][:I]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, well we still haven't heard a peep from ol Tom, have we. I am sitting here, just stewing over this. As a cancer survivor and the pain and suffering that I went through, as well as my family, I don't find his fake exit, very funny. I want to punch this CS in the face. I won't wish on him, what I had, but be sure that God was watching. Cancer is not a joke, it is painful and deadly. From all of us cancer survivors, You owe us a huge apology, Tom. We will be waiting, now that you have come back from the dead[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted on the hospital site about his I.D. Doubt if it stays.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Jayhawk2218Jayhawk2218 Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff
    I posted on the hospital site about his I.D. Doubt if it stays.

Interested to see if they do stay.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll let you guys know.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    he owed me money, some people will do anything to get out of paying you back [:D]
  • Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Was tplumeri at first, wasn't it? Did anyone ever talk to him personally, phone or in person?
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I look at this from the medical community point of view as well as the GB view.

GB: he messed with a lot of people when he lead on about being terminally ill and then having his "wife" post that he had indeed passed away. That is some pretty twisted stuff. Don't want to be part of GB anymore? Then quit posting and walk away.

Medical part of me: If I was the Hospital Administrator and discovered that I had a physician on my staff that did this, I would have to question whether I want to keep him on my staff. He showed poor judgement in telling a lie and continuing to tell that lie to the point of a "death". What kind of ethics does that display? Not to mention, that as a physician he may have to deal with a patient who truly does have a terminal illness and is he going to compassionate or just be uncaring as he appears to be by using illness as a lie to mislead and hurt people.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    bought some gold from him, he came through with flying colors . gave me a better deal from where we started [:)]
    ohoh better go check to see if the gold is real[:0][:D][:D][:D]

i trust him, to bad all the hype got started never did anything to me or crossed me either.

good luck Spartacus[;)]your a Doctor!! continue to heal the sick as much as you can[^]

all you guys that got attached to him in some way or other ,i'm sure it was a let down. but that is what you get for throwing your self at a faceless screen with a sad/true/false/big/little story attached to it[;)].
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    he has mental issues

would not want for my doc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Doctor: Heal thyself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by riflemike
    he has mental issues

he had alcohol issues
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    He couldn't carry on the hoax forever. From the hospital website: http://www.stantoncountyhospital.com/

Dr. Plumeri Set to Join SCH

Dr.%20Tom.png

Dr. Tom Plumeri will soon be joining the team at Stanton County Family Practice. Dr. Tom has 18 years of experience as a family practice physician. He graduated Summa * Laude in Osteopathic Medicine from the University of Health Sciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine, in Kansas City, Missouri. He then completed his residency at Fort Belvoir, Virginia while on active duty with the US Army.

To schedule an appointment with Dr. Plumeri, please call (620) 492-1400.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    beatingadeadhorse_zps8961270c.gif[/URL]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Let the dead bury the dead.

And leave this topic and the guy alone.

It serves no purpose to start picking at scabs again.

TOM!!!!!
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Embalming has sure come a long way...[:o)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    state board should have a listing or not....
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The Barz has spoken......and he is right! something really wrong with this picture, a guy lying about dieing...
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

TOM!!!!!

You may be on to something there!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

TOM!!!!!

[8D]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,067 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by riflemike
    he has mental issues

+1,,

and,CON MAN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by randomnut

Was tplumeri at first, wasn't it? Did anyone ever talk to him personally, phone or in person?

I got a letter from him after sending him an email.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should this CS be trusted?

I say NEIGH
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was never an admirer and still am not.

On the other hand maybe the guy deserves a break.

To schedule an appointment with Dr. Plumeri, please call (620) 492-1400.

Maybe we should all make an appointment and then call in dead.