In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Masque Of The Red Death

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
I wasn't allowed to go to the theater and see it when it was new; my folks thought it was too intense, just from the advertisimg. In the intervening years, I never did see the movie, but I did read the short story by Edgar Allan Poe.

Not long ago, it was on late at night, so I DVR'ed it and watched it later. Prince Prospero was a sick SOB. I can't help but wonder what this movie would be like as a re-make with today's standards.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you are writing about the 1964 Vincent Price version David? There was another version made in 1989 with Patrick Macnee (the Avengers) and Adrian Paul (Highlander). I remember seeing the 1964 version when it came out (I must have been either manlyer than you[^][}:)], or maybe older [:(])[xx(]. I am betting the '64 version is probably the better of the two.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    The first time I read this, I was about 8 years old.

It terrified me out of my wits.

I've been a fan of Poe ever since.

Doug
  • Options
    mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One time in Richmond, a visitor asked a taxi driver to take him to the Poe house. The visitor was delivered to the Henrico Home for the Indigent.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I read it in Highschool...do not remotely remember what it was about. I do like Poe though, maybe I should read it again.