In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prayers requested update

skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Just got word from my sister tonight that my cousins husband Dennis has been diagnosed with what is commonly known as "mad cow" disease. It is possible it is also a degenerative disease of the frontal lobe but there is no treatment for either.

His life expectancy is less than a year but the speed at which this is progressing, it is not likely he will make it 6 months.

My cousin asked that we change our prayers from miraculous recovery to praying for reduction in his suffering through his last days. I am sure she could use some prayers for strength and courage as well. These upcoming months will be a test for the whole family.

Edited for some clarity.

CJD is different from Mad cow

Classic CJD is a human prion disease. It is a neurodegenerative disorder with characteristic clinical and diagnostic features. This disease is rapidly progressive and always fatal. Infection with this disease leads to death usually within 1 year of onset of illness.

My thanks,

Jim

My cousins husband, Dennis, has passed away. It was only a little over 4 months since his diagnosis in late July. I wish to thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts as they were a blessing to me and my family. We will be gathering Friday and Saturday near Appleton WI to remember Dennis.

Comments