In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mouths of Babes...

Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
My daughter and I took our Husky for her final run before getting her (the dog) spayed yesterday. I'm trying to instill in my three-year-old a sense of adventure by travelling down a different county road every time we go out. Maybe, when she's older, she'll understand the metaphor.
So there we are, on County Road 370 (south) yesterday, looking at a 3-1/2 foot Bull snake that's sunning himself on the dirt road. We're marvelling at one of God's creatures when he collects himself up and starts hissing at us. Well, this pretty well freaks my daughter out and she tugs on the bottom of my holster and hollers "Shoot him, Daddy! Shoot him!"

I tell her, "Honey, we don't shoot Bull snakes."

She frowns up at me and says, "Well what did you bring a gun for?!"

Jesus, I'm in for it...

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,703 ******
    edited November -1
    She's just practicing for when she has a husband to boss.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere

Constantly.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere

always seem to be practicing even when its right.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Just tell her you don't Bullshoot. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    Just tell her you don't Bullshoot. [;)]
    Three years old and she already knows better than that.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Just teach her to shoot her own snakes !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    Just teach her to shoot her own snakes !!!!!!

First I gotta teach her which ones we shoot.

Then I have to make sure her boyfriends see that's she able to hit a little snake at 15 feet with a pistol.

Talk about your metaphor!
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Hey CP how are things in Sterling? We need to get together this winter and do some shooting...Bull
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bull300wsm
    Hey CP how are things in Sterling? We need to get together this winter and do some shooting...Bull

Things is dry, of course.

And, youdamnbetcha!

I've been tied up with honey-dos lately, but I've got some Barne's Varming Grenades and to load in the 22-250 this weekend. I can't think of a better way to gauge their effectiveness than on a prarie dog town. Let me put some feelers out and see who is still infested.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

And, youdamnbetcha!

I've been tied up with honey-dos lately, but I've got some Barne's Varming Grenades and to load in the 22-250 this weekend. I can't think of a better way to gauge their effectiveness than on a prarie dog town. Let me put some feelers out and see who is still infested.

Sounds good...I've going antelope hunting this weekend and elk the 18th of oct. Let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink

And, youdamnbetcha!

Sounds good...I've going antelope hunting this weekend and elk the 18th of oct. Let me know.

It's good to be you. Get yourself some good ones.
    I'm looking at November before things quiet down around here. We just lost a full-timer and the boss is leery of replacing him with another full-timer, which means that for the guys on salary...well you get the idea.

The best I can do for actual hunting this year is going to depend on what is leftover for doe tags here on the Plains.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    The vast majority of snakes are completely harmless and in fact very beneficial, they just have seriously bad PR.

It's funny that most folks only get upset when you kill the cute animals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    The vast majority of snakes are completely harmless and in fact very beneficial, they just have seriously bad PR.

It's funny that most folks only get upset when you kill the cute animals.

Ain't it the truth.
    The "Garden of Eden Incident" has had folks screwed up on snakes for years now.