In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

finally got internet back after tornado

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited March 2008 in General Discussion
on feb 5th the little town I live in was hit head on by an f4 tornado,we were without power for almost a week and just today got cable and internet back,I have been cutting trees on my days off and the roofers started putting on my new roof today,we were luckey,all we lost were trees and a roof.2 houses down they lost their entire house and his truck,below is a link to a few pics of the town,I have some of my place but I have not downloaded them yet.
http://clintonark.com/tornado_damage.aspx
its been wild but it was amazing how many people from out of town showed up to help,it was also amazing how quick the vultures showed up,the first night they were having looting problems and caught people from as far away as south Louisiana up here staling,it was bad enough they had to bring in the national guard for over a week to watch over neighborhoods during the night,,been a wild few weeks

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Wow...I'm glad to hear you are OK. How many folks died?
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sharp...I didnt realize you were in Arkansas.

Most of my family lives over in Pope county but luckily Russellville and Dover didnt get hit bad. Atkins is another story. One brother lives in Hartmann (Johnson county).

I will be moving back to Dover/Russellville in July when I retire from the AF.
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you're OK, Sharp.

Natural disasters bring out the best in people...
    and also the worst...looters.

Good luck w/the rebuilding.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW, from the looks of those pic, you WERE lucky.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    glad you survived ...it must be horrible and damned scary to have a tornado coming at you....we get them here, but very very rarely in inhabited places so we dont associate them with the damage you all get there....i hope you can get back on your feet ok....and as for the looters![:(!]...i better not say what should be done to them[xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Memphis and surrounding areas got hit by tornadoes that same day. Here's a pic of one taken that day by a friend.

67891.jpg
    0M9InwN.gif[