In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS 2000 progressive press.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I also posted this over in reloading. I need some impressions. Good or Bad. I have the single stage rock chucker but want a progressive press. Any suggestions????

Comments

• Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my experience, rcbs is nothing but quality. Great stuff. However, as far as progressive presses from them go, I can't weigh in. I have a dillon and love it. I have no experience with rcbs progressives, but would expect them to work well. A quick search on youtube should find some videos of them being used to give you a better idea.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Hornady AP, my first impressions are that it is a very solid machine. Just received it on Wednesday and only loaded about 100 rounds so far. It is far Superior to the Lee Pro 1000 presses that I have.

I wanted a press that auto indexed, so that limits my selections to the Lock and Load AP, Pro 2000, or Dillon 650. All three brands will stand behind their product, so customer support isn't a concern. When I put everything together to run 3 different calipers, 9mm, 45acp, and 223, the Hornady comes out the cheapest of the three.

From my research I found that all three presses can have their issues. Most of those issues were with the priming systems.