In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Small world

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I thought this was pretty cool.
1p.jpg
2p.jpg
3p-1.jpg
4p.jpg
5p.jpg

Comments

• tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Met up with my FFL holder today who is going to receive a rifle I won.

He is a MSG in MS highway patrol and is a really nice guy. I have never met him before and we talked a little while I filled out the form.

Found out that my uncle hired him for his first LE job. My unc was Chief of Police in Water Valley MS at that time.

We also knew several people in common so now I have a FFL holder I can depend on and fully trust to do the right thing. A really good feeling! Tom
    edited November -1
    As I await deploying to the sandbox I told a guy in my unit that I wanted to try to get to my nephew's graduation from MCRD San Diego. Turns out that he and another guy have sons graduating from the same class. Looks like we'll rent a car and drive down together. Who would have thought that three people in the same reserve unit would have sons/nephews graduating together? Pretty cool, I think.....Joe
    edited November -1
    to all of service members have you ever ran into a fellow marine or soldier you have served w/.im in the marine corps reserve ive done 4 years active duty and 3 in the reserves,i was stationed at camp lejeune n.c. while on active duty.and now in the reserves in oregon well anyhow i ran into my old company commanding officer in a bar last night from when i was at lejeune ,talk about a small world! i thought it was him but then thought ah no way so i approached him and said sir he turned around and it was my old captain now a major we both were like small world i think we drank about 7 pitchers and just bull it was pretty cool.

SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    Out and about today I kept running into people I know and like. Stopped at the second hand store, where my entire wardrobe originates, and ran into a young lady and her daughter whom I garden with. Bear in mind I live in the twin cities and you can go years without running into friends at stores.

Then I decide to patronize the Lutheran church fundraiser and buy a brat and a hot dog in front of the local meat market and ran into one of my oldest friends whom I haven't seen in over a decade. Had a great time catching up and made plans to go walleye fishing.

On the way back home I stopped to get some milk at the grocery store and ran into 2 more people who wanted to visit. Pleasant way to spend the day. Now I'm back home and just discovered I have the makings for some mojitos . Life is good!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was living out in California, was getting checked out at the grocery. I must have had an Ohio State shirt on or something. The guy checking me out was the manager or assistant manager or something. The guy asked me if I am from Ohio, say yes, where from? Oh 15 minutes south of such and such town, he is like really, "I grew up there" So here we are two people that grew up in the same general area, 2500 miles away from that area. Kind of strange