In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whats your most hated food?

2»

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Beets, from a horrible experience drinking beet juice as a child. I'm amazed at some of the fine foods that folks detest. I wonder how many would still turn up their noses at food if they got really hungry?
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    You know, I used to HATE beets, but thought they were the prettiest dang vegetable in the world. At least pickled. Figured that anything that looked that good should be good, so I started eating them, and now I like them. Go figure! [:p]
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iluvguns
    You know, I used to HATE beets, but thought they were the prettiest dang vegetable in the world. At least pickled. Figured that anything that looked that good should be good, so I started eating them, and now I like them. Go figure! [:p]

Iluv, my girlfriend likes them too. I litterly have not had a beet (or even anything with beet sugar in it) for over 40 years. I may have to try a pickled beet. If it's platable, then there is no food on the planet I would not eat.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like beets. liver and onions isn't bad. I love olives, I'l eat a whole can. mushrooms too.

cottage cheese, yams (unless very glazed and served with ham), cow tongue, pig's feet, "rocky mountain oysters", BRAINS would make me throw up.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Liver
    Lima Beans
    Asparagus
    Raw seafood
    chitlins
    Tomatoes
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Boiled fish eyes.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Nothing I've tried so far that I won't eat. I haven't tried much of the exotic ethnic food, but I don't "hate" anything I've eaten so far.
    Ever try squirrel brains and gravy?
  • ReloadCMReloadCM Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forgot about lima beans--ditto on the yuck factor. Growing up I didn't like black, white, cannelloni, kidney, or other beans, but I love them now. I was raised with cow tongue and ox tails, so I don't know why folks don't like those. I didn't like beets growing up either, but I like them too. I like most cheeses except feta, swiss, roquefort, bleu, and linberger (sp?). And FCD, some folks don't use buttermilk to make their fried chicken. They use a dry flour coating. That's the kind I was raised on, but I like it both ways. I could eat sushi, thai, korean, and vietnamese food everyday.
  • JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, I've never had a lot of this stuff. But I like a lot of what's been listed. I think Okra's pretty good. I love mushrooms, and liver isn't that bad. Kind of tastes like duck to me. Used to hate onions and brocoli until I started eating at chinese restuarants and now I love them.

Only normal food I can think of off hand that I really don't like are sweet potatoes and pickled herring. Never have had a taste for them in my life. And I won't eat spam. I've never even tried it. Other than that, I'm pretty open. Won't pick anything off any sandwich or pizza.
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate beets and liver. I am practically allergic to them. Just smelling them makes me sick to my stomach.
    Once I was in Bulgaria at a cafeteria. You picked out what you wanted and the lady would put it on your plate.
    I don't speak Bulgarian, and they didn't speak English.
    I ordered a nice looking Salisbury steak in gravy.
    I got back to my table and cut off a piece of the steak.
    I bit into it, it was liver! I had to spit it out on the floor, nearly vomited. The Bulgarians were giving me dirty looks, I got down and cleaned it up real well, so they didn't kick me out of the cafeteria.
    Ah well. We did get a big bottle of good Bulgarian red wine that was cheap, also the potatoes were good.
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D] When somebody hands you a VEGGIE BURGER--shootem

--(just kidding)
    JIMBO
  • farmkidfarmkid Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    Lima Beans.

I don't know why. I eat butter beans and field peas, but I can't stand lima beans.

Bingo. I've had exactly the same experience; that is, limas are the only ones that taste bitter/chalky. I've wondered whether it's some sort of genetic thing -- I've heard that, to some people, broccoli tastes terrible because of a gene.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I hate beets and liver. I am practically allergic to them. Just smelling them makes me sick to my stomach.
    Once I was in Bulgaria at a cafeteria. You picked out what you wanted and the lady would put it on your plate.
    I don't speak Bulgarian, and they didn't speak English.
    I ordered a nice looking Salisbury steak in gravy.
    I got back to my table and cut off a piece of the steak.
    I bit into it, it was liver! I had to spit it out on the floor, nearly vomited. The Bulgarians were giving me dirty looks, I got down and cleaned it up real well, so they didn't kick me out of the cafeteria.
    Ah well. We did get a big bottle of good Bulgarian red wine that was cheap, also the potatoes were good.

When my first wife and I were newly married, I came home to supper and it looked to be a chicken fried steak. I fixed my plate and even put some 57 sauce on the "steak". I took a bite and spit the "liver" clean across the room. Purty much went downhill from there. Don
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    aahh, Spam! comes in about 8 diffrent flavors now. I like it fried, on toasted bread with mayonnaise. [:p]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    We love liver here....only thing I dont like and that depends on how its prepared is okra....

At least I think thats about it...*LOL

PEANUT BUTTER...OHHHHHHH I HATE THAT STUFF....the smell of it makes me barf....
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Not crazy about sushi. If it's from the meat group, it should be served at least warmed.
  • spotty bobekspotty bobek Member Posts: 219 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mexican food..[V]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Asparagus
    Liver (Just depends on who its made, I like some spreads my grandmother used to make).
    Brussels sprouts
    Parsnips

Tube steak
    Bologna
    edited November -1
    Franc...

You dont know what is good...

parsnips...ohhh yummy sweet
    brussel sprouts...great with butter

asparagus...... oh yea, either with melted cheese or hollandise sauce

liver....calf's liver but all liver is great with onions

bologna..great in a sandwich with ketchup

tube steak ....have really no idea what that is...*LOL
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I "RELISH" most foods others hate.About the only meat i don't like (that's commonly eaten) is LAMB/MUTTON.
    As far as veggies go, i will not eat KALE.

Jeff
    edited November -1
    Lamb is great...BUT just as with liver, it has to be rinsed very very well....

I have never had kale, so dont know how it is, but would try it..
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever Muslims eat. Proably tastes like shiite.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    Lamb is great...BUT just as with liver, it has to be rinsed very very well....

And best if rinsed in salt water. Lamb is strange. It stinks in it's raw form, but it's great once it's cooked![;)]
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Asparagus
    Liver (Just depends on who its made, I like some spreads my grandmother used to make).
    Brussels sprouts
    Parsnips

Tube steak
    Bologna

And you have tried this?
    [:0][}:)][:D]
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    When we lived in Memphis the supermarket we shopped at carred lots of lamb. We used to get groung lamb burgers. They were unbelievable on the grill! Personally, I love lamp. Can't stand mutton though! Lamb is young sheep...mutton is an older sheep. Mutton tastes like crap and stinks to high heaven!!
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Harley makes a bike where you can't watch the whole thing vibrate at idle, and when they make more money on bike sales alone than Honda or Suzuki, or any other metric bike company, then I'll CONSIDER buying one...and not a second sooner.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Harley makes a bike where you can't watch the whole thing vibrate at idle, and when they make more money on bike sales alone than Honda or Suzuki, or any other metric bike company, then I'll CONSIDER buying one...and not a second sooner.
  • jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    pickled beets-XXXXXXXXXXXX NASTY!
    boiled okra
    brussell sprouts
  • linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only food that I hate is food that is burnt.
    Besides that, can't really say there is not a food item that I don't like. It drives my wife crazy, Because she always asks me what do I want to eat. And my every reply is "Does not matter to me".
  • stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cant stand peas cooked cabage the smell makes me sick and egg nog that stuff is horible
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I cannot understand why anyone would eat liver.
    I can eat enything but liver.[xx(]
  • nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the only thing I don't like is mayonniase. I can eat most anything else.