In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

my REAL gay restroom experience

BarkingDogBarkingDog Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
when i was about 19 i was at a really popular beach in LA. there were two restroom areas about 100 yards apart from each other. one of them was always crowded and one wasnt, for some reason. one day as i was walking into the uncrowded one i noticed a guy about 35 yrs old kinda lingering outside. when i went in i walked up to a urinal and started to pee. a few seconds later the guy walked in and as he walked by he slightly brushed up against me and then took the urinal right next to me. he looked over and said "hey, how are you?" but he was clearly showing his BallPark Frank. i walked out immediatley.
usually that area of the beach has police there but none that day. i would have reported him if there had been police.
this was only about 3 miles from where george micheal was busted for sex in a restroom.
personally, i think men who do this are sick. i really dont care if anyone wants to have gay sex but a public restroom with kids around is just plain wrong.
if i was a violent type i might have beat his * when he came outside but lucky for him i'm not.
if a man did that to a female he would be in jail and a sex offender for life.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BarkingDog
    if i was a violent type i might have beat his * when he came outside but lucky for him i'm not.

and you would have been charged with a hate crime.

Ben
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    So, did you get his phone number?
  • BarkingDogBarkingDog Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i did. why was it the same as your though ?
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember when I was about 8 going to Montgomery Ward with my Dad to get tires for his truck. Dad was looking at the tires and another customer touched him on the shoulder and said ..Hi- in a boyish manner... Dad hit this moron so hard he just crumpled right there. Manager came out from behind the counter and ask what happened. Dad called the guy on the floor a "Queer ". Humm.. new word in my vocabulary. I went home and jumped out of the truck and ran inside to tell Mom.. Dad hit a queer in Montgomery Ward. I said it without knowing what a queer was and Mom asked me.. do you know what a queer is... and I replied.. Yep.. something Dad doesn't like.[:0]
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    I remember when I was about 8 going to Montgomery Ward with my Dad to get tires for his truck. Dad was looking at the tires and another customer touched him on the shoulder and said ..Hi- in a boyish manner... Dad hit this moron so hard he just crumpled right there. Manager came out from behind the counter and ask what happened. Dad called the guy on the floor a "Queer ". Humm.. new word in my vocabulary. I went home and jumped out of the truck and ran inside to tell Mom.. Dad hit a queer in Montgomery Ward. I said it without knowing what a queer was and Mom asked me.. do you know what a queer is... and I replied.. Yep.. something Dad doesn't like.[:0]
    now thats funny right there...[:D][:D][:o)]..Loko
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't knock someone out for being gay, but for touching me and saying, 'hi' in a sultry manner, that would do it, yep. Now, if a hot GIRL wants to do that.....that's another can of worms entirely![:D]
  • LKB3rdLKB3rd Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When i was a kid, like 8 or 10, i was in a record store, and the owner asked me if i wanted a beer. I didn't really understand how wrong it was at the time, and just told him "no thanks." Looking back, i am much more alarmed than i was at the time.
    I actually had another incident where a guy i had been friends with since we were kids sort of pinned me up against the wall in the bathroom at a movie theatre and tried to kiss me. He was a close friend, and i knew he wasn't gonna rape me or anything-and he couldnt have even if he had tried, so i didn't knock him out. It also caught me by surprise, and i think i was more shocked than pissed at the time.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely a story I wouldn't have posted here.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1
    LOL why not, i'm not worried about what people think. If i had let him do it i wouldn't be talking about it lol.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to tell you bub, but I don't think your real life experience is all that unique. There are such men's rooms all over the country (probably the world). Gays don't wear arm bands, so they can't tell if you are in or out. You would not blame a guy for trying with a gal, so you really can't blame a guy for trying with a guy. A guy who does not take "No Thanks" or even "Hell No!" for answer is another thing all together.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

actually not, there is no hate crime for someones sexual preference
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan

Ben

Are you sure about that? There have been incidents of gays getting beaten of killed for being gay, and i'm pretty sure they are charged as "hate crimes." I suppose that is different than beating someone for making a pass at you though.
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    He dog is correct. This happens all the time, all over the world.

South FL has a large gay population. Incidents like this have happened to me on numerous occasions. I don't let it bother me, though. In a perverted sort of way it somewhat flattering.

Two things I absolutely would not do:

1. Accept the invitation.

2. Knock the gay guy into next week. I value my freedom and don't want a felony conviction or a prolonged stay at the Gray Bar Hotel.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never been approached by a gay person.I guess I am too damn ugly.
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LKB3rd
    I suppose that is different than beating someone for making a pass at you though. LKB, you're correct that it is a hate crime. There is no difference if you beat someone for simply making a pass. You hit'em, its a hate crime.

Remember, there is no law against making "passes".

If there were, then Lord knows how many women could've legally beat the snot out of me.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1

Ben

There is in LA. My cousin went there for union work, and got followed by a flamer all the way back to his hotel. He kept telling the guy to leave him alone, and he wouldn't. The guy got past the doorman at the hotel, and stopped the elevator just as my cousin was getting on it. He started coming onto him again, and when the elevator stopped, and the door opened, my cousin threw him out. The guy's head bounced off the concrete floor, was unconcious, and convulsing.

The guy was okay, and police talked him out of pressing any charges. 4 weeks later, back in illinois, my cous got a letter from the state of CA that he was being charged with a hate crime.
    Ben
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Saw a couple of gays going at it in a bar restroom in Fairwell Bend Oregon. They were behind a closed stall door. But from the sounds (moaning) and feet placement (with pants down) visible under the door, it was clear what they were doing.
    It was a small motel bar w/truck parking that was popular w/truckers. But these guys weren't truckers.
    edited November -1
    In that situation, i think you would have a case that you didn't beat him because he was gay, but because he followed and was acting in a predatory/threatening manner. But good luck on winning the case with the loony courts these days.
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fatstrat
    Saw a couple of gays going at it in a bar restroom in Fairwell Bend Oregon. They were behind a closed stall door. But from the sounds (moaning) and feet placement (with pants down) visible under the door, it was clear what they were doing.
    It was a small motel bar w/truck parking that was popular w/truckers. But these guys weren't truckers.
    IN THIS CASE I WOULD CALL SELECT FIRES DAD..[}:)][}:)]..Loko[;)]
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1

Ben

hand him a butcherknife and shoot the little creep/// and when the fuzz comes Qoute Dirty Harry!!!!
  • SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    wow. Definately some strange answers. Seems like some people need to hurt others to protect their "manliness". Punching some one in the face for touching your shoulder and talking funny? What if it was a foereign person and they touched your shoulder, you still gonna knock them out? And all the talk of protecting our rights that goes on here on a daily basis. Im not pro gay, or anti gay, but i am pro human. [:o)]
    edited November -1

Ben

There is in LA. My cousin went there for union work, and got followed by a flamer all the way back to his hotel. He kept telling the guy to leave him alone, and he wouldn't. The guy got past the doorman at the hotel, and stopped the elevator just as my cousin was getting on it. He started coming onto him again, and when the elevator stopped, and the door opened, my cousin threw him out. The guy's head bounced off the concrete floor, was unconcious, and convulsing.

The guy was okay, and police talked him out of pressing any charges. 4 weeks later, back in illinois, my cous got a letter from the state of CA that he was being charged with a hate crime.
    Ben

it has always been defined as a hate crime, but is not the same as a hate crime towards race etc.

some states have made laws, but no punishment it looks like

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_hat3.htm

quote:Traditional hate crime legislation protects persons because of "his race, color, religion or national origin," as in the case of the 1969 federal hate crimes law. (18 U.S.C. Section 245). Most state laws now include additional protected groups. Some laws are restrictive and only protect a member of a group if she/he is involved in specific activities. For example, the current (1969) federal law only applies if the crime happens when a person is attending a public school or is at work or participating in one of four other "federally protected activities."

read this entire page, it passed the house but was blocked by congress 2 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169450,00.html
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up in Atlanta, southeast mecca for gay boys.
    I got hit on several times hitchiking to college etc.
    I just told 'em "No, thanks," and that was that.

I can't understand why some of y'all would punch a gay boy for making a pass at you.
    Could you have latent homosexual tendencies, and you are afraid you will say "yes?"
  • SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

I can't understand why some of y'all would punch a gay boy for making a pass at you.
    Could you have latent homosexual tendencies, and you are afraid you will say "yes?"

My point exactly.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SuburbanNoize
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

My point exactly.

personally i am not homophobic, working in the restaurant industry you run across allot of them, never have i had one that was persistent enough to hit them, now touch me, and it's on{fight that is}
  • BarkingDogBarkingDog Member Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is a big difference between merely being hit on and being touched inappropriatley in a restroom by a gay stranger.
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    quote:So, did you get his phone number?Lmao!!!! Sorry BARKIN DOG but that was funny,lmao!!!
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by watrulookinat
    quote:So, did you get his phone number?Lmao!!!! Sorry BARKIN DOG but that was funny,lmao!!!
    It was meant to be funny.