In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just Amazing........

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I just got back from a "test drive" o a buddy's new Nightster bike
REALLY nice bike!
anyway, I'm heading down the highway and I pull up next to one of the Kowasaki Ninja bikes at just under 70mph.
the guy is wearing shorts and sandals!
he looks at me, smiles, and pops the front wheel up and leaves me in the dust!!
when i came up over the next hill i could see him about a mile down the road.
I've never seen anyone do that at that speed!
have you?
tom

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I have.
    And I also saw one of them lose it in heavy traffic pulling that stunt,.......guy went down, and right under the wheels of a Ford F-250 SD Crew in the next lane.

DOA needless to say.
    I am a meanie I guess, but I have very little sympathy for fools.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes....it always scares the mess out of me. I know a couple guys that ride like that. One is a pilot. That guy is the MOST together person you could ever meet. He studies for classes, helps his family, keeps everything he owns very clean....even folds his dirty clothes, but put him in a daredevil situation and he is fearless. I worry about these guys.....well, anyone on a bike really.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Thank God for Darwin.

I love it !!

Doug
  • ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    new breed of riders that are skilled but careless. these bikes are incredible machines that are track worthy.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 5 years ago I was going 90 on I-75 when a kid on one of those things flew past me on his back tire.
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was riding with a friend and his son, we were side by side son came up riding a wheelie went right between us.Got back to the house emptied our pants thought I was going to have get the paramedics after he got done with his boy. The kid could ride thats for sure but stupid sh&*%t gets people killed.I just lost a young friend because he was crazy on a bike...was always on his * about it.Not a whole lot I could do.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    I was never much for doing wheelies, but once I was at a stop lite, on a hill.
    popped the clutch and ended up running behind the bike thru the intersection!
    very embarrasing![B)][:I]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive seen it done up to 90mph, i had a friend that could do wheelies at high speed, and stop on the front tire doing a reverse wheelie, and turn the bike around on just the front tire, but an oak tree beat him on a turn, he lost it and slid 100 yards to the oak tree at 27 years old

a second more of an acquaintance lost it on a turn, hit a telephone guide wire, severed one arm, one leg, and wound up loosing the other leg he was 22 years old and a loyal patron of my bar till that day
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Yeah I had a buddy that use to love to do that. Not my thing but guys do it all the time.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I used to do burn outs, but never weelies.