In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My new forums

Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
this place has a tendency to get a wee bit outta hand. I have made a forum, where kids are welcomed, and i would appreciate it if everyone would sign up, and join in on the fun there. I will assign moderator to who i believe it is needed, saxon, nunn, ect. can already be a mod, and the way Gagirl held up for what was right earlier, shed be fine also. Anyone wanna join up? just register. nothin really needed for it, just have fun, and keep it where kids can go aswell, Please.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Jacobs_gunforum/index.php?act=idx

Comments

• Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and if wanted after i get ppl there ill make more than General discussion
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best read the posting guidelines here so you will understand if your thread goes away.

You have posted a link to a (you hope) competing site, which is not allowed.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Guys.. Jacob has a decent idea here. It is nice of him to start an area where kids can learn about guns. I know that I would have liked to have learned at a much earlier age. If info is all we can give so be it. It is worth helping the next generation.

I will be happy to help you keep things in control if you wish. I think it would be great if some of you who are very knowledgable to pop in and answer any questions these kids may have.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Allowing kids on here is what started the mess. Lars said he was underage. I feel GB forums ought to go adult only with CC verification just like selling. It would cut way down on the deadwood that never sells or buys.

The posted photos could be a lot racier too![}:)][:p]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    This could be the back ground picture for your new home page. Honestly its not a bad idea.
    DCP01914.jpg
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I signed up. We need more peeps. Come on guys it's a good idea. Gives us something to fall back on in the case that that idiot Lars tries again.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Jacob - I think you've got a good idea there.

A lot of folks pay lip service to the suggestions that our youngsters and the ladies somehow become educated into our hobby/sport but when it's time to actually put forth some effort and do something most fade into the shadows.

This is a time that what we like to do/collect/talk about should be encouraged and helped along and yet there are some of those same people who try to denigrate the idea by labeling it as the 'kiddie forum' - and I think it's a good idea. No reason why there shouldn't be one - or a hundred out there.

I've taught two wives, four kids and five grandkids about what it is that I love so much ... and I can think of 50 folks who don't have a father, grandfather or husband who is willing to show them the fun and safety of it all.

TWO THUMBS UP FOR JACOB!

... and David, there should be a way that GB could/should grant a waver in this case.[:D]

My 2?
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    Jacob - I think you've got a good idea there.

A lot of folks pay lip service to the suggestions that our youngsters and the ladies somehow become educated into our hobby/sport but when it's time to actually put forth some effort and do something most fade into the shadows.

This is a time that what we like to do/collect/talk about should be encouraged and helped along and yet there are some of those same people who try to denigrate the idea by labeling it as the 'kiddie forum' - and I think it's a good idea. No reason why there shouldn't be one - or a hundred out there.

I've taught two wives, four kids and five grandkids about what it is that I love so much ... and I can think of 50 folks who don't have a father, grandfather or husband who is willing to show them the fun and safety of it all.

TWO THUMBS UP FOR JACOB!

... and David, there should be a way that GB could/should grant a waver in this case.[:D]
    My 2?

+10

No offense, Jacob, but I really don't think it will be a competitive site.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

The posted photos could be a lot racier too![}:)][:p]

Like this right?

Earnhardt3%20Intimidator%20.jpg

[}:)]
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--Don't agree with the idea--at all--

--especially with a juvenile as AMIN--

--[:o)][:o)]--JIMBO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    quote:This could be the back ground picture for your new home page. Honestly its not a bad idea.that pic wasn't too cool, dude
    Get with the program busch.
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=219695
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    sooo... I was right! it ain't cool.
    Yer right...it aint too cool. but its real.