In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deadliest Warrior

kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Ok...so who watches this show on Spike?

I have DVR'd all the episodes so far....and with the fast foward option through some of the slow parts, I have found it be pretty good. Esp. with the recent Mafia vs. Yazuka fight...that was pretty good.

totaly makes me want a tommy gun[8D]

Comments

• kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its on right now on Spike TV, never watched it before seems kinda decent...this one is firearms related and it appears the 50BMG is next up..
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a little of the Pirate vs Knight. Can't wait for the King's Musketeers vs. Nazi's episode.
  • TERI234TERI234 Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw the Ninja v Spartan, Spartan won of course. Great show.
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    Ok...so who watches this show on Spike?

I have DVR'd all the episodes so far....and with the fast foward option through some of the slow parts, I have found it be pretty good. Esp. with the recent Mafia vs. Yazuka fight...that was pretty good.

totaly makes me want a tommy gun[8D]

A B-52 pilot trumps them all
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    I saw a little of the Pirate vs Knight. Can't wait for the King's Musketeers vs. Nazi's episode.

They are really calling "nazis" warriors? That's like deciding to have the Whigs vs Apaches episode...the German army was the Wehrmacht or Heer, not the 'nazis', so I hope you're kidding.

Next week, the City Council versus the Mau Mau
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe it was Musketeers vs. Waffen SS[:D]
  • wolfdog45wolfdog45 Member Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    I'm watching IRA vs Taliban. They put mud on the AK47 and the AR15 and water down both barrels. When they fired the guns they showed the bolts and there was no movement of the bolts and the mud stayed exactly as it was. How can that be when the bolts have to move to put another cartridge in the chamber? And firing a gun with water in the barrel is very bad.
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wolfdog45
    I'm watching IRA vs Taliban.

Wow you just gave me a amazing idea. Send the IRS after the Taliban with outstanding taxes. They'd kick the crap out of them in short order for sure.

The show lacks extremely badly for me personally.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deadliest Warrior

A United States Marine.

Case closed.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tough decision.. Watch Deadliest Warrior or Earth worms crawl around...

I will take the earth worms. At least I will be outside in the sunshine and fresh air.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Green Beret vs Spetsnaz was lame. It should have been no contest, but somehow, the Spetsnaz guys won.

That being said, WSfiredude knows what he's talking about.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302
    The Green Beret vs Spetsnaz was lame. It should have been no contest, but somehow, the Spetsnaz guys won.

[;)][:D]

That's why they haven't done a show yet of 'U.S. Marine vs. XXXXXXXXX';

That contest would be over before it even began, and that is not just me talking, but 233 1/2 years of history.[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302

They didn't have anything to say about the incident in Russia just a few years ago when the Chechens took over that school in Russia and the Spetsnaz lost that one.
  • goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wolfdog45
    I'm watching IRA vs Taliban. They put mud on the AK47 and the AR15 and water down both barrels. When they fired the guns they showed the bolts and there was no movement of the bolts and the mud stayed exactly as it was. How can that be when the bolts have to move to put another cartridge in the chamber? And firing a gun with water in the barrel is very bad.

I noticed that too, they never really fired those guns. The guy didn't even wear eye protection while supposedly firing a gun caked in mud with water in the barrel.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The IRA and the Taliban was a good one. I think they overated the AR-15 though. I think that in a close quarters combat area like that...the ak would be a better weapon. I do think that had they used the IRAs other weapons, they still would have won vs. the taliban.

It was impressive to see the ak keep firing with all that mud and crap though.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    The IRA and the Taliban was a good one. I think they overated the AR-15 though. I think that in a close quarters combat area like that...the ak would be a better weapon. I do think that had they used the IRAs other weapons, they still would have won vs. the taliban.

It was impressive to see the ak keep firing with all that mud and crap though.

They ddidn't really fire the gun after putting the mud on them. I watched the actions when they fired and the bolts never moved and the mud didn't fly off from the bolts moving, so the guns where never shot on the show with the mud caked on.
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    Deadliest Warrior

A United States Marine.

Case closed.

+1...
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spetsnaz vs, green beret

makarov vs beretta m9, edge spetsnaz WTH, yes a gun that holds 8 rounds of smaller ammunition is better than the much nicer built handgun that holds 17 rounds of a slightly larger round, because the army guy cant hit a dummy from 5 feet away.

the spetsnaz guy did beat the army guy, but it wasnt any fault of the firearms.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Green Beret vs Spetsnaz was lame. It should have been no contest, but somehow, the Spetsnaz guys won."

Yea I watched that crap. It convenced me not to watch any more of their silly shows.

Notice how they left out Navy Seals, and Delta Force too?[;)]

Trinity +++

"9mm for those who squat to pee - 45 acp, because shooting twice is silly"
    edited November -1
    quote:"9mm for those who squat to pee - 45 acp, because shooting twice is silly"

I really like tht one [:D]