In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lone Survivor the movie trailer:

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
The book was a good read, if the movie is half as good it will be a must see.

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/07/31/lone-survivor-trailer-mark-wahlberg-video?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000006&ts=1375300668

Based on the book Lone Survivor, about a four man SEAL team that had to fight for their lives in 2005 in Afghanistan. The lone survivor Marcus Luttrell tells the story about his team members. His testimony helped his commanding officer Mike Murphy earn the MOH for his actions in this fight for their lives.

Trinity +++

Comments

• Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    It was an awesome book. Usually I am a movie guy and don't read the books. They better do it right though! I could not put the book down once I started.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The trailer above looks pretty good, kind of on the parallel of Black Hawk Down.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    [^] Just asked my mrs to download it on her Kindle

Thanks

It's nice that you have family to help you out with the challenging things in life[:D]
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They picked the right guy to play the part.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so lets see if i get this right from watching the clip ,

3 out of the 4 men end up getting killed just because they refused to kill the kid watching the goats ? is that right ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Redhawk,

That is something they had to deal with at the time. Tough call, but Marcus covers it pretty well in his book. I can't say & neither can anyone else with clear certainly what they would have done if put in the same situation. I am sure there are a few tough nuts here who will say they would have killed the kid, and maybe they should have, but I won't judge them (the team) for not having done it.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    Redhawk,

That is something they had to deal with at the time. Tough call, but Marcus covers it pretty well in his book. I can't say & neither can anyone else with clear certainly what they would have done if put in the same situation. I am sure there are a few tough nuts here who will say they would have killed the kid, and maybe they should have, but I won't judge them (the team) for not having done it.

Trinity +++

no judging going on here , but the first thing that came to my mind was why didn't they just tie the kid up along with a few of his goats , so later on when some one came looking for him the noise from the goats wouuld lead them to him,
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks very good, I like that cast!
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marky Mark again in the military roll? Why couldn't they hire all those active military dudes like in that one movie? "Something about Valor" that came out a ways back.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same thing happened to the SAS troopers in Bravo Two Zero (1st Gulf War).

quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480
    so lets see if i get this right from watching the clip ,

3 out of the 4 men end up getting killed just because they refused to kill the kid watching the goats ? is that right ?
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too am a watch the movie rarely read the book but I did read this one and it was certainly worth reading and will watch the movie on DVD (I never go to the theater any more)

I would like to say i would have wasted the kid and avoided the obvious but I doubt I could

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck