In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My son...

dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
I was over my sons house helping him install vinyl siding, (I have all the tools & equipment left from when I did that to make a living), I mentioned I would have to find the time to go through my weed wacker as I could not get it started (yet).
Tonight he dropped off a new Homelite for me, told me to bring my old one over, and he would fix it up for his sisters boyfriend!
I am sitting here kind of in a daze, I guess he is turning out OK.
[:D][:D]
Don
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Fathers Day..
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes they do grow up and learn to be people, don't they. Congrats on the raising job.[:)]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You raised him to be the man he is, you should be proud!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya just never know, do ya? [:D][:D]
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Sounds like he's finally seen some potential in you and
    he didn't give up on you! LOL

It IS amazing how WE seem to get more intelligent as THEY
    get older!

Twain was right![:D][:D][:D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know when I grow up I wanta be just like my Father was.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Ahhh, nice. Thats what family is all about. Good for you.
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ever figure out who the father was?
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats great, my son would have brought one over and told me to fix it when I was working on mine. Don
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ghotie_thumper
    Did you ever figure out who the father was?

Yes, Jeremy is actually one of my step sons.
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Thats great, my son would have brought one over and told me to fix it when I was working on mine. Don

I have one boy like that too[:(][:0]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    my son would have rather been out hunting for frogs or snakes or lizards....

'course he's 5 and aint got much else on his mind!

I gotta introduce him to He Dog!

I know where you are coming from ....every day they do something special to make me love them more!
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    You did good....TWICE!
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must have done it right.[^] [^]
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tacking1

I know where you are coming from ....every day they do something special to make me love them more!

My son is nine and he has a whole menagerie of snakes, frogs and turtles living in the garage and the laundry room. He found two tiny turtles about a week ago and had them in a plastic box in the garage.

We usually leave the garage door open during the day. yesterday he came out into the garage and saw a * crow sittting next to the box with one of the turtles in its mouth. The crow turned around and flew off with the turtle.

I heard my son screaming from the other end of the house and i thought he broke his arm or something. he was furious screaming and crying at the crow. he went for his BB gun and immediately started hunting crows. he now hates crows and tells me he's going to shoot everyone he can.
  • tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha
    quote:Originally posted by tacking1

My son is nine and he has a whole menagerie of snakes, frogs and turtles living in the garage and the laundry room. He found two tiny turtles about a week ago and had them in a plastic box in the garage.

We usually leave the garage door open during the day. yesterday he came out into the garage and saw a * crow sittting next to the box with one of the turtles in its mouth. The crow turned around and flew off with the turtle.

I heard my son screaming from the other end of the house and i thought he broke his arm or something. he was furious screaming and crying at the crow. he went for his BB gun and immediately started hunting crows. he now hates crows and tells me he's going to shoot everyone he can.

Heckle nad Jeckyll beware!