In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Road Trip-Who's along my route? Now with Pictures!

axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in General Discussion
Ok, me and my dog are ridin the motorcycle to Kentucky to see my Grandma...who has time for a cup of coffee if im in your area? Leaving Denver early thursday am, taking I70 to St Louis, then 64 to Louisville, 65 south to Elizabethtown. May come back same route, but toying with the idea of coming back across Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas. Depends how much time and money i have left. Anyone interested? Email me via GB if you want...
Dan

Comments

• Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Axler,

I'm still at Fort Campbell, Kentucky if you want to stop by. Just give me a holler if you have the time.

NSDQ!
    www.nightstalkers.com

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg
    DropRopes.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will do, mind sending your # again? i dont have the cell phone you left a message on last time (new job, new phone, etc)...but yeah, would be great, will have a little more time to spend this trip.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually have my route between 70 and good fellow avenue in Saint Louis to mount Vernon ill, and back, I am around mount Vernon and free about 11 am

I don't have my exact schedule until that morning
    , but that would be about lunch time, ifn you'll be later there's a nice truck stop about a mile from the 70/64 exit on this side of Illinois

Ifn ya got a Nextel that would be great
  • Options
    sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    How do you ride the dog? Sidecar ?
  • Options
    Carolina-GirlCarolina-Girl Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm way on the other side of Kentucky from where you're coming from. If not for that I'd certainly have coffee with ya!

This past week I had to take a small road trip about 350 miles west from the NC/SC coast. I'm located about 30 miles from Myrtle Beach, SC. All the way up I passed Bikers with wild looks in their eyes...lol. Thousands and thousands of gorgeous bikes on country roads. I definitely felt I was going the wrong way on the wrong ride..haha!

They were headed for Myrtle Beach. Until experiencing the roar of those bikes and the looks on the faces of those saddled in I was pretty satisfied with my Tigershark Jet-Ski.

The 'thrill is gone' now with the Tigershark..! I fear I've missed my calling.

Enjoy your trip!

suzie.gif
    "Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you happen to stop in Colby, I'd even buy you one of those 3.00 cups of coffee at starbucks.

,,,sod[:)]

cyclone.gif
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,010 ******
    edited November -1
    We live near Wolfe City, Texas. On SH 34 north of Greenville.

We both work in Greenville, which is on Interstate 30 east of Dallas.

We would be glad to meet up if possible.[;)]

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    If you set the route by way of Washington State you could stop in my place, and since Idaho would be a part of the trip, you oculd even stop in at Dances place.
  • Options
    Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey sodbuster,
    i used to know someone from Colby.

Shadow62

quote:Originally posted by sodbuster
    If you happen to stop in Colby, I'd even buy you one of those 3.00 cups of coffee at starbucks.

,,,sod[:)]

cyclone.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ray...sorry buddy but dont think I can swing that detour this trip..however, I will be in Washinton state sooner or later with work.

Sheep....Orson dog rides on the back seat, curled up snoozin most of the way.
  • Options
    Big DaveBig Dave Member Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just for s***s & giggles, run the 2 lanes home if ya have the time.

Due to the Interstate system, we can go almost anywhere and not see a anything in America. [:(]

On a bike would be the easiest way to see some sights. Pack a digi cam. [:)]
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    Your welcome to Russellville, KY. Bed and breakfast. No cost to members. Come down 65 to Bowling Green then west on 68-80 35 miles.
    Call 1-270-726-8691, Richard.
    Always open to bikers.

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DaTank...will see what I can do...possibly on my way back, depends how much time I have. gotta be back to work wednesday am...fortunatly im in the office all week, dont have to catch a flight the day after my trip.
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    I'm not on your route, but second the suggestion to take 2-lanes...all the way there and back. That's the best way to travel in the US: a 2-lane road on a motorcycle.
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Your welcomed to Oklahoma City, at least I can put you up for the night & throw a burger at you.
    Toss me a e-mail ifn your running through here.
    Walte
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Axlerfan,,,spent approximately an hour in my fair city. Fuel and a bite to eat was the agenda. Goodness, he makes this ride twice a year and does he put the miles behind him!!
    He's a good feller with an interesting career that involves saving the lives of many through training with technology![^]

MVC-145S.jpg

,,,sod[8D]

cyclone.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gee Sodbuster....almost make me sound like im normal...lol...didnt realize I looked so bad in a picture tho...

to those of you who havent met Sodbuster, he is a very personable guy guy with a lot of integrity.

was my pleasure to meet up with ya, and you have a standing invitation to come fishin first chance you get...thank you for your hospitality, God Bless to you and yours.
    Dan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok, couple pictures from my trip...first is DaTank and myself...better warn you, its pretty big so may be kinda slow (but worth it)..second picture is the beautiful lady i went to kentucky to see.
    datankandi
    gmaandi
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you do come back across the I-40 route across central Oklahoma I'm in OKC.
    Shoot me an email if you do.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    needmygunsneedmyguns Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice pics,she sure looks like a nice lady.god bless and have a great trip..

JESUS SAVES