In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Are You Buying Your Wife/GF For Christmas?

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited December 2005 in General Discussion
JEEZE_1.jpg
Well, it's that time again, I guess! I'd kinda
like something different this year for the
wife.

Anyone have an idea that is kinda off the
beaten track?

Comments

• Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]Yo Zip, I'm buying "us" a Nissan XTERRA and "her" 40 acres in Nevada-I think I can get away with it--[:p][:)]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Tickets to a KU basketball game. [:D]

No, really, She loves KU basketball more than I do.

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.
  • Options
    jnmiller75jnmiller75 Member Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any new guns you she can't live without?[:D][:D]
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    A new machinegun would be nice, for the wife of course.

Doris has not said what she wants yet, but I belive I'm going to get hit with a trip to Flordia before the year is over.

We are playing low key this year, lots of expense this year.
    First time we have had to pay taxes & insurnace on the houses, since they are now paid off.
    Gotta come up with around $12,000 for that.
    So Christmas looks slim.
    Walte
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She wants a nice watch... We might take a flight to Vegas[:)]
  • Options
    Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A weather radio. Wife is a weather channel freak. Always worried about storms. Radio has an automatic alarm for your zip code.

joe
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Building her an 18th century style folding game table. Will post pictures when done. I have it roughed out, but need to round some sharp edges, and spend a day sanding it, and at least two days finishing it.

• Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She already got most of it: a pair of 6x32 close focus Eagle Optics Ranger binos for dragon fly watching. It's true, I promise.
  • Options
    RugerFordRugerFord Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cimarron Model P with charcoal blue, 4 3/4" barrel in .44WCF. I will then buy some Ajax pearlite grips and have them fitted.[8D]

This will match her other Model P and will go with her 1866 levergun, both in the same caliber, so yes it really is for her.[^]
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A new broom , her current one has to much road rash from rough landings.[:)][:)]
  • Options
    young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I woudl say something but the wife frequents this board[:D]

Neo-Jedi Order

th_reblogo.gif

th_israel-army_03.gif

th_22987.jpgMWC
    '05
  • Options
    Young Ns GirlYoung Ns Girl Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by young n dum
    I woudl say something but the wife frequents this board[:D]

"The Wife" told him not to buy her anything. Y&D is always talking about the necessary purchases he needs to make before any more laws change, and the need to purchase a home....So, "The Wife" thinks that he should start saving for his toys instead of spending on her. It's not as if she wouldn't be able to enjoy his toys too[:D]

The biggest room in the
    world is the room for improvement.
    - unknown
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Probably a Colt Mustang. We will see though, she hasn't given me much of a Christmas list yet.

Neo-Jedi Order
    th_reblogo.gif
    Jedi Knight
    th_23031.gifth_22987.jpgMWC '05
  • Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    getting my girl a silver necklace, gift card to PetSmart (a live pet wouldn't ship from Michigan to South Carolina) and the Complete Calvin and Hobbes book set. Maybe by next Christmas one or the other of us will have moved closer so we can share Christmas more appropriately

purpleheart.jpg27Nov2003 Samarra, Iraq
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I think Young N's Girl should have a Savage 22-250 Varmint rig. Then he could borrow it sometimes.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • Options
    mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a 5000 sq ft house. We are in process of building it and it should be done for xmas day dinner. I think that is enough.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am looking at a little red kimber to match my blue one

kimberultraspiiblue2.jpg

but she will probably have to settle for sex

reloaderror.jpg
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 100 acre farm.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Last year, got her a .22 LR Berreta tip-up with stainless finish and nice Berretta wood grips. Then when I liked it, she wouldn't trade it to me, and I had to buy a couple of the little buggers new. So this year, it's a blue topaz December birthstone pendant on a white gold chain, plus a handmade wooden fountain pen. I don't want my own pendant, but I AM getting my own pen like hers. Can't trust her to trade anything off to me.
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's the joke:

Three guys sitting around, talking about what they are getting their wives for Xmas.

1st guy says "I'm getting her a red Mercedes and a black Mercedes. That way, if she doesn't like the red one, she'll have the black one."

2nd guy says "I'm getting her a trip to Italy and a trip to France. That way, if she doesn't like Italy, she has France".

3rd guy says "I'm getting my wife a pair of slippers and a dildo. That way, if she doesn't like the slippers, she can go *&^$&^%$ herself."[;)]
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    She wants a nice watch... We might take a flight to Vegas[:)]

Why would a woman need a watch? Theres a clock on the stove.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
    th_israelC3.gif
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    We're getting each other new wedding bands. My old was detroyed in a work incident and her finger is getting to large for her old one. We're just getting simple plain gold bands this time.
    I also got her a radio/cd player that fits under the cabinets in the kitchen. And a 50 pc set of assorted paint brushes for her painting hobby. I also plan to get her a mag-lite flashlite to keep in her car. She lost her old one.

Extremism in persuit of Freedom is no vice.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    We're getting each other new wedding bands. My old was detroyed in a work incident and her finger is getting to large for her old one. We're just getting simple plain gold bands this time.
    I also got her a radio/cd player that fits under the cabinets in the kitchen. And a 50 pc set of assorted paint brushes for her painting hobby. I also plan to get her a mag-lite flashlite to keep in her car. She lost her old one. BTW: I would incourage anyone to buy thier wife one of those Leatherman multi-tools. I bought my wife one several years ago and she keeps it in her purse. She has commented MANY times how useful it has been for her.
    Oh yeah. It's ALWAYS fun to see her face when I come hopping out of the bathroom w/a bow on Mr. Woody as an early X-mas gift.
    Extremism in persuit of Freedom is no vice.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My wife gets 5 antique pendulete clocks that will help fill out her collection. She gets misc framed prints and a couple of antique oil paintings, a little jewelry and a new Seiko Coutura watch, complete with SS band, pink mother of pearl dial, numerous diamonds around the bezel etc..

Oh yeah, and she gets the pleasure of my fine company for the day.[}:)]

"We become what we habitually do. If we act rightly, we become upright men. If we habitually act wrongly, or weakly, we become weak and corrupt" - *ARISTOTLE*

**Like Grandad used to say--"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Not sure yet. Back when Rem 1100's were under $300,w/the nice walnut and all,...I bought wife #2 said shotgun,...& a new 5000c ambassaduer reel. Went over really well,...she did not fish,nor hunt...and I knew this[:D]. These great Christmas gifts were later brought up as "part" of the reason for us parting ways. No big deal,shotgun does not bit#^ at me no matter what!...and is always ready to go...when I am...[;)]

"their in front of us,their behind us,their to our left,and to our right...they cant get away from us now boys!"
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tennis bracelet from Zales. Pink Saphire(sp?) and diamond ring from Kay. Bunch of Cubs stuff.

"Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it." - Me

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/

EMCFRtn.jpgEMT.jpgCERTnew.jpg
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    CyclonusCyclonus Member Posts: 2,825
    edited November -1
    Cant say would blow the surprise.

Revenge is a double edged sword that only kills its wielder

"Are you a photographer?"
    "No im a combat correspondant"
    "Well you seen much combat?"
    "Yeah I seen a little on TV"
    "Youre a real comedian"
    "Well they call me the Joker"
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife has me, what more could she want. Don

I did not say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    My wife has me, what more could she want. Don

I did not say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

me.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're establishing a bad precedant. Next year she'll expect another gift and the year after that and the year after that. Nip it in the bud, as Barney Fife would say. Skip the gifts all together.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Not 100% sure yet. Wife wants a TV for the bedroom.

So far, as of today, hidden away...she will be in the posession of a new coat, new sweater, smelly stuff from bed/bath/beyond, LARGE purse/bag (might as well call it a suitcase without wheels) also from bed/bath/beyond.....

She will be giving me a new electronic powder measurer (she does not know it...but I am buying it, waiting until I can slip one of the tags she puts on one of my presents...switcho presto...she gets the credit...for about a .00005 of a millisecond - sorry ...she is not blonde).

...oh...and me....probably a couple of several times! :)
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best gift I ever bought was two of the most outrageously priced pillows from JC Penny's. I don't know what is inside them, but it is not feathers or polyester. They are the most increddible awesome comfortable pillows I have ever had! I think the "sale" price was around $60-$75.

Yes they were absordly exspensive for pillows, but it was Chrismas and they are freaking awesome.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't know what is inside them

It's "What dreams are made of!"

(Easy one!)
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real easy answer to this one... not a damn thing! I haven't had a wife since early 2003, and I don't want (or need) a girl friend[}:)]. Life is very nice and easy in my house... I make ALL of the rules, and I get to spend ALL of the money too[^]

Bert H.

Real Men use a WINCHESTER Single-Shot!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Not sure yet, I haven't looked through the magazines on my desk with pages marked with what I am to buy. I'm guessing jewerly, clothes, and those dam dooney & bouke purses.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Save your money. An imaginary gift would be Ok for the imaginary girlfriend.....or is it a single glove ??

quote:Originally posted by Cyclonus
    Cant say would blow the surprise.

Revenge is a double edged sword that only kills its wielder

"Are you a photographer?"
    "No im a combat correspondant"
    "Well you seen much combat?"
    "Yeah I seen a little on TV"
    "Youre a real comedian"
    "Well they call me the Joker"

Ride Hard, Live Free, Never Surrender.
    J.S. Mosby
  • Options
    redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing, thank god I dont have the weight dragging me down every year.

Christmas in my house is for my son and thats it.

quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    i am looking at a little red kimber to match my blue one

kimberultraspiiblue2.jpg

but she will probably have to settle for sex

reloaderror.jpg

Im not to familiar with Kimber guns but when i saw this one i knew that I had to have it. I need a little more info PLEASE.

Larry

revolver.jpg

It is better to be prepared, than to be suprised.

I'm pro choice: I choose to hunt, trap, eat meat, and wear fur.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will have to call kimber and find out where to locate one, they where a special custom shop edition 300 of each color red, blue and silver, they retailed for 1,288 in 03 but last year the marked them down to 800.00, due to not putting them in a catalog they never sold them and wanted to push them out, sweet very very accurate gun capable of 1" at 25 yrds

There pictures really suck
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/specialrun.php

reloaderror.jpg
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had an early Christmas gift (as she puts it) ... a 2005 honda Odyssey Van.