In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So, how was your 2012.....rate it one to Ten

2»

Comments

• Options
    timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll say 9 cause there is always room for improvement.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I would rate it about a 9. Got another grandchild in great health so that was a 10. All the family is together so that is great. Getting older so that is a 3. All in all, life is good....give it a 9.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I had a very good year. I'm healthy and so are my kids and wife.

• Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I give it a five for being alive.
    Although I've had two major surgeries and still in pain every day, I do appreciate being here.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 7 considering my health, other than that a 10.[:)]
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to say a 10. Today is the last day of the year and I still have my sight, all my fingers, both my arms and legs, and I feel pretty healthy in general.
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll give it an 8.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Old Man never puts more on your shoulders than you can carry....I don't have a number...but I do have faith in God![;)]
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9.9 ...nothings perfect
  • Options
    bnailonbnailon Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say an 9. Lost my rancher Uncle this year--cancer finally claimed him. What a man he was. My folks will need assistance probably in the next year or so. Got a lot of work going on right now with lots of new pipelines going in around here. 3 kids in college and doing well, and wife and I working our butts off.

The bummer of the year was the election as someone earlier said, but we will get through it with the Good Lord looking over us. Happy New Year to all.
  • Options
    lksmith03lksmith03 Member Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bout a 7. now 2011 is a different story that year I'd rate a 0
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its been a pretty good year all things considered. Car sales has been alright, bought over 20 guns this year, and was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which is now getting better. I'd have to give 2012 a solid 8.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    KevD18 I say this in all seriousness. You need to get laid, and you need to go on a road trip, at least a 4 day trip. Immediatly

I can do the first half of that anytime I like, and have. It's just hollow and meaningless.

A trip would be nice, but I have enough funds in any given week to get perhaps to the next town. I'd love to hop in a car or even better a bike and see where the road takes me, but I just can't swing it.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Eventually I'll work it all out I suppose. I'm not quite sure how, but I'm sure someday I'll be happy...
    Kev... If there's just one thing is this damn life I've learned...

It's this.

Happiness is Relative.
    Make yours A Happy New Year our friend!
  • Options
    lksmith03lksmith03 Member Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider
    Saw a muslim get re-elected, saw our gun rights being threatened, lost part of the sight in my right eye.

Everything else ig going great, I'll give it a nine.

Given that it's be a 2
  • Options
    8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I wake up in 2013 I'll consider 2012 a 10. I'll be 73 in 2013 and consider it a good run. Happy New Year everyone!
  • Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    10 ups and downs, I am alive, clean MRIs this year, two wonderful healthy boys, on the path for finding the right job, got a lot of work done on the house, wife got a job and I get more time with my boys... My family is doing well. A wonderful dog found us when we (me most of all) needed her. I finally realized what PTSD is, and I know it well.. PTSD is a term you hear a lot, many have ideas about it or what it may be like, but knowing it first hand is an entirely different animal.

So for 2012 its a 10 Im still here and am making the most of it thats about all you can do, griping doesnt really help.. Its a good hobby though

I got to buy 2 guns this year which was nice, also rebuilt my back porch and fixed it. whoever worked on it before we bought this house did almost everything wrong as can be... Thankfully Its done weak so easier for demo.. Still have to get to the gas piping so I can move the furnace and dryer. BUT I LOVE THIS HOUSE, its the first one we have ever owned, the walls feel like its alive, and I can put a hole in the wall anywhere I want. The bathroom is AWESOME, I built all my own cabinets, 48" shower, and a separate tub. All new plumbing/electrical... This house is alive, I can feel it, the sounds of kids running and playing still reverberates when they are asleep

Ive also had a few too many seizures which SUCKS, but rolled with it
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kev, I know we've traded barbs back a forth numerous times, most of them I probably started, but all that is in the past, and I truly hope life improves for you in the new year.[:)][^]

What would I rate this year? Not sure how to rate it, really. Hard to put a number on it I guess.

Lost a great friend. He didn't pass away, but moved back home, out of state, and I doubt I'll see him anywhere but Facebook again.

Ran around for 3 months with a woman that I too thought was "the one". Thought I finally had it made, and that I was finally approaching something resembling a normal, happy life. God, I don't recall the last time I felt so good, not only about myself, but life in general. I felt ten feet tall and bulletproof. I knew her for several years, knew her history of drug addiction and alcoholism, and still threw my heart into it 100%. She chose to relapse back into her old ways, and chose the pills and booze over me. I knew she was capable of doing that at any given point, but I still went for it. Big mistake, and one I doubt I'll ever truly get over. She meant that much to me. I'm improving daily, but it still gets to me once in a while, when I look at the passenger seat of my car, and see it empty. I'm officially sick and tired of being alone.

This summer, I spent a lot of time fishing, shooting, and camping. Also spent a lot of time working on boats, outboards, inboards, and stern drives. I even had to opportunity to help build a couple of them. I now hate fiberglass.[:D]

This fall, I harvested a whitetail deer that happens to me my personal record. Not for points, but weight. 180lbs live. Not a monster by any means, but it's been some excellent table fare. One shot, done deal.

After hunting season ended, I started my first AR build. Managed to get started before the big, current panic, so I didn't get hurt on prices. It's been fun.

I'm not only hoping, but praying that 2013 is a better year than 2012 was. 2012 just about put me in the ground. Hardest year of my life since 1997, the year my hero, Grandpa, passed away.

If God has some extra room under his wing, I truly hope there's room for me.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 2011 and 2012 both sucked. I think things are in place to make 2013 the best year in a while. A guy can hope anyway.

I am not a particularly optimistic guy, but with my anti-depressants kicking in, finances finally ok, health somewhat steady, and we are finally out of the #$(@# city and we have room around us without loud neighbors with barking dogs.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Made a little more money in 12 than 11= 10

Had to go out of town fo do it = 1

10+1 =11 divided by 2=5.5
  • Options
    hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll give it a 5. found out in April I had kidney cancer but I lived through it and it's all gone now. Started losing weight and am now down about 70lbs since my surgery in May.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Oh we'll say a 7. No real complaints, some minor health issues, finished the year out with a raging sinus and ear infection, but family is all doing well and I have a job, so while I can't say everything is perfect it's ok.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In all honesty I would have to say somewhere between a 9-10. I work hard when I am asked to, pay my bills, buy/do nice things with leftover money, spend time with family and friends when I can, enjoy my wife & dog, have a roof over my head, and solid transportation.

I would like to shoot & hunt more in 2013 and continue to spend as much time with my family and friends as I can. I also am going to bust my butt to get 2 bills in particular paid off by the end of the year. Not sure if we will get there with the couple of little trips and expenses we already have planned, but without the goals of doing so what else drives a person? I hope all the rest of you have a good 2013! [:)]

Jon