In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bore snakes

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I'm interested in others opinions on these devises. I've been using them last couple of years and really like them. The new ones ( Cobra?)with more bristles?I use two, one clean, one with hoppes, first.

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never tried one but they look neat.Do they realy work or just another doodad .
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are the bore snakes color coded with the thread they use? I have a couple that I am not sure of which caliber they are. If they are does anyone know what the colors are for each caliber?
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of my calibers are different colors. Yours don't have a caliber stamp on the brass weight? what colors do you have?
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BHAVIN
    All of my calibers are different colors. Yours don't have a caliber stamp on the brass weight? what colors do you have?

I believe there is one brand that does/or did not stamp the caliber on the guide. Not sure if all the brands share the same color-to-caliber matches do.

Jon