In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

most comfortable workboots?

bandcollectorbandcollector Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
My job just changed to one where I'm on my feet for hours at a time. I have always had to wear safety toe shoes where I work but I sat on my butt all day now that I'm walking I realized my Wolverines or sorely lacking in the all day comfort department. What are the best safety toe shoes for walking on concrete all day.

Comments

• storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bandcollector
    My job just changed to one where I'm on my feet for hours at a time. I have always had to wear safety toe shoes where I work but I sat on my butt all day now that I'm walking I realized my Wolverines or sorely lacking in the all day comfort department. What are the best safety toe shoes for walking on concrete all day.

whites
    plum creek proven
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    Redwing..............pay for the best they are worth it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19

made in china
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1

+1000 Redwings are the best I am on my feet in a train yard all day and the boots I just bought feel like I have had them for years. very comfortable
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490

made in china

Minnesota is long way from China..........
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,869 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • Lonestar86Lonestar86 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

made in china

Ya'll just made me go check mine, I am sad to say they were made in China. I feel like my puppy just died since I have always believed they were hand made in my native MN. This is the final straw, Western Civilization trully is in decline.
    edited November -1
    My compsny makes us buy from the US made selection of redwings and if we do the give us 130 towards boots.
    edited November -1

made in china

I suppose you will say LaCrosse boots are Made in Wisconsin as well.

I trash my boots and have had my whites stand up for over two years. That's pretty amazing. Every pair of red wings i looked at were made in china.

But I could be wrong. If you can find any new ones that are please let me know as I did like their American boots that actually lasted.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by H.S. 10-X
    Danners.

aren't they made in china now as well?
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I wear laceup steeltoe Justins.

As a sidebar, I am a "believer" in steel toes now. Last fall I dropped a manhole cover on my foot.[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!] Hurt like a sumbitch. I thought I would suck it up and just walk it off. Well after talking to my oldest sister who is a nurse tell me she broke her foot just walking, I decided to get x-rayed. Doc said it wasn't broke but ifn' I weren't wearing the steeltoes my toes would've been crushed.
    edited November -1
    LaCrosse is the parent company of Danner. As far as I know all Danner boots are made in Portland OR.
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one's I'm not wearing[;)]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,869 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I was looking at the Danners at local store and some models are made in China.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redwing "boot" company is no different than most American footwear manufacturers...New Balance shoe company took out ads years ago telling their customers that due to foreign competition they needed to have shoes made overseas or they had to have materials made elsewhere and assembled in the good ole US of A....sad indeed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    I was looking at the Danners at local store and some models are made in China.

That maybe true. I haven't bought a pair of Danner's in a while since one pair tends to last me 10-12 years.
    edited November -1
    LaCrosse is the parent company of Danner. As far as I know all Danner boots are made in Portland OR.

i remember seeing an interview of the man who owned the lacrosse footwear factory. he cried the day he shut down the factory in lacrosse wisconsin. he blamed it on the unions.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

i remember seeing an interview of the man who owned the lacrosse footwear factory. he cried the day he shut down the factory in lacrosse wisconsin. he blamed it on the unions.

Any good business man would blame it on the unions...unions are the best scapegoat of american business today....but thats ok more people out of work here and more chinese making a dollar a day to keep prices down here[xx(]
  • Duke HoggeDuke Hogge Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will probably catch hell for saying so but I can't resist as I am on my feet 12-16+ regularly on concrete....... occasionally dirt and mud and the best thing I have found is made in china..... Air tactical ST by ridge soft soled,light, fast and extremely comfortable.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I wear laceup steeltoe Justins.

This is all I wear on my feet. I get a new pair every other X-mas.

AT
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Simple, ALL feet are different, the "best brand", "most durable"...may feel like poop on YOUR feet while feeling great on mine & vicie vercie. Redwing for example, I wouldn't give you a buck for a box car load, while durable, feel like poop to me.
    Try on some name brand boots to find what feels the best and maybe assure a good quality.

...If it's a good boot and is comfortable, I could care less what they cost, you can find a good boot for less than $200 anyway...comfortable boots make for happy feet...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danners for me. But have to try a few on some just do not work. If they hurt in the store they will not break in.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like wolverine dura shocks. Not the regular wolverines. I have bought several red wing with no sucess. I will try and find some danners to try them out.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Another Vote for Red Wings
    edited November -1
    Some redwings are made in the US and some are made in China, My company gives us 130.00 coupons to buy US made redwings. so I did I have these
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=1806
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out bootbay.com when you figure out what brand you want. They have saved me many $$ over the past few years.
  • Sven61611Sven61611 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a pair of Redwings 4 years ago. Took 2-1/2 years for those to get to the point of needing new soles. Sooooo, like an idiot I tried another comparable brand because they were on sale. After a month of sore feet, I had new soles put on my ol' Redwings and I'm still wearing them everyday to work. I've not tried Danner or Wolverine, but I can attest to the quality of my Redwings. I find that it's important to treat the leather as recommended by the manufacturer, whichever brand you choose. It adds years to the life of the boot.
  • flyingcolumnflyingcolumn Member Posts: 374 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redwings. I get 2 or 3 years of severe duty use out of mine. The last pair was made in the USA.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most comfortable for my wide, flat feet has been Wolverine Durashocks. Unfortunately, they are not made here and are not the most durable boot out there.[V] I have a pair of Rocky Iron Clad's that have proven to be indestructable. They are kind of hard on my feet though, so I use them as back-ups now.

I am on my feet on concrete roughly 10-12 hours/day and do A LOT of walking.

Jon