In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

suggestions on what rifle to get with 5/8 ........

rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
threaded barrel? will be getting the ok to pick up my can any week now and I want to get a rifle to use it on. I'd like to stay under $1200.
semi auto preferred.

is an adaptor made to use on my AK-74 with the 14mm lh or the 24mm threaded barrels?

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can buy adapters for any threats. Just buy the gun you want, and then buy the adapter to fit it and your suppressor
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "You can buy adapters for any threats. Just buy the gun you want, and then buy the adapter to fit it and your suppressor"

^^^^this^^^^

BUT buy the thread adapter from a known source. "Bubba John" at the local cobble shop may or may not have the quality control to maintain concentric thread alignment. I would recommend buying the adapter from the can maker but that's up to the user.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "You can buy adapters for any threats. Just buy the gun you want, and then buy the adapter to fit it and your suppressor"

^^^^this^^^^

BUT buy the thread adapter from a known source. "Bubba John" at the local cobble shop may or may not have the quality control to maintain concentric thread alignment. I would recommend buying the adapter from the can maker but that's up to the user.

I remember the video from the guy selling oil filters as cans at a recent gun show; dumped a full mag into the oil filter, and not one projectile exited.
    So, they're Safe?
  • Options
    50-70RB50-70RB Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Thompson Center Compass in 6.5 Creedmore that came threaded and I'm very happy with.