In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went shooting today

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Took my son-in-law to the lacal gun shop for some full auto shooting. Perfect weather. Proceeds went to breast cancer awarness. They had a full auto Glock that was fun. Only thing was the gun jammed and the guy said it was because I had a limp wrist.[B)]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    took some friends shooting today. Not their first time, but I never cease to be amazed by how some people are so hard to figure out.

Last time we took these friends shooting, we had the wife try my 12 gauge. She hated it and bitches about it all the time; how much it kicked, etc.

This time, she had no problem with my wife's 20 gauge. No surprise there, but to my astonishment, she absolutely LOVED my 44 magnum. This is particularly odd considering she has some affliction that has necessitated the amputation of most parts of most of her fingers; she basically has no gripping area outside of her palm and a few full fingers and some partials. It didn't stop her from pounding away with the 44 though!

She is also making her husband buy her a 357!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Took some video of it. Check it out. You will have to excuse my wife. She thought she was being funny in the last video. It made me mad when I found out she did that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVl-4m5ki8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6fuV0p2C8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baLqahYZ3Do

Its funny he is a really bad shot. I took him to the range one day and at 25yrds he couldn't hit a 3' dia target.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlRgTjPxkiA

please forgive my wifes video recording skills just go ahead and watch the whole thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6GSU5ipsE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went to an indoor gun range today. I said I would not go to one ever after I watched a soldier commit sucide at Jims in Fayetteville.

But my BIL and SIL want to start shooting. The don't know dick about guns and they talked me into going and teaching them.

They joined Triangle Shoot Academy and I tell you its nice, expensive but nice.

So they wanted to shoot Automatics only. I took:

BHP
    G34
    G17
    G19
    S&W 3914
    G32
    CZ75
    Beretta 92FS

SIL; She shot the best of the two. No bad habits and listen to what I told her.

She like the BHP best and the 92FS next. Did a good job with the G19 and the CZ75.

BIL: He had a shot a few guns before but not much. He shot the S&W 3914 fairly good and the 92FS.

They had a great time and joined the range. I gave them the Beretta 92FS and 350 rounds of ammo so they can shoot on their own. I think the 92FS is a great beginners gun in a Semi Auto. They are safe, accurate and an easy gun to work.

The crazy thing is. I shot my 1911 for the 1st time in about 4 years. I had it made in the the late 90's by Clark Custom Guns in LA when I was stationed at Ft Polk.

I fell in love with it all over again.

The crazy thing is I shoot 7-10 thousand of rounds a year in my G34 practicing for 3 gun matches but I really enjoyed shooting the 1911[:0]

I am so ashamed.................

I was a Glock-a-phile

Hello my name is Sam and I have been shooting a Glock, but I really like shooting my 1911[:0]

Is there a Glock AA out there.................I am sorry Gaston can you forgive me????

I need to do about 20 hail Glocks and sleep with it under my pillow.

I need help[;)]

BTW

No body liked the G32 in 357 SIG(My daily carry gun)Too much blast and recoil.......even more than the 45? Who would have thought.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I stole a few hours and went shooting today. I took SIG 229 in .357SIG, S&W model 66 357mag, springfield mil-spec 1911 .45acp, and my lil kel-tec.

I have always loved shooting my SIG, and since i got the S&W, it too brings a smile. but i think i like the springfield most of all. I have a friend who is giving me a bunch of parts for it. his dad used to work for rock river, and he has tons of 1911 parts.
    anyway, shooting was good. shot the new bersa in .45 acp. man that thing has some muzzle flip. almost unpleasant. almost.
    Grand Prairie PD was out there shooting, let me shoot the MP5 on 3 round, same with their ar, 3 round burst. the ar had an EOTech sight, which i really liked. now i want one.to tell you the truth i liked shooting the Air Force M-60 and m-240 better. always did love the 240.
    that's it for my day. tommorrow i get to clean them!!!!![:D][:D]

SGT USMC
    SSGT USAF
    The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    edited November -1
    took the .444 Marlin shooting today and killed some evil milk jugs and 5 gallon buckets. There is only 1 thing to say about the .444[img][/img]imagesCACLTQXS.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With the wife I think I've seen the last of my xd and sig 239 I think they have just been claimed to purse duty
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There was a guy there that does cowboy shooting and it is amazing how fast he is. I was amazed.

However when we moved the targets out and was shooting for closest to the center i could beat him 4 out of 5 times.

He tried to talk me into cowboy shooting. He said i would do good at it because i can aim already. He said all i need is speed.

There is no way i can go that fast.

He is loading about 500 rounds for cowboy shooting so i can practise. I can not go out there and look stupid.

He told me there is a 70 something old lady that is as fast as him but has a tighter group. Wow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shot a S&W .38 special 5 shot revolver which was an awesome little gun, would be great for a concealed carry if you like revolvers.

Para Ordinance 1911, excellent smooth shooting gun, 15 round magazines are wonderful too.

Kimber 1911, Kicked like crazy, wasnt a fan.

Beretta 391 Xtrema i believe. Awesome Semi-auto, great feeling gun.

Benelli M4 Super 90. By far the most enjoyable shot gun i have shot so far in my life time.

Plus we had the Rock River, Colt and Bushmaster AR's out there.

We put about 1400 rounds into the woods, i had fun shooting today, great time with my stepdad and some of his friends. I cant wait to get another bunch of bullets and go back. Now i have plenty of guns to clean tomorrow haha.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,066 ******
    edited November -1
    Me jealous. Good for you. [^][^][8D][8D]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    What distance and what were you feeding it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    was only about 80 yds was at a friends house and his backyard range but was feeding it the hornady superformance 265 grain loads
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are lucky since about 150 yards is max for that round. But load your own and drop down to a 240 gr and you will have an even bigger smile. Still not far range but its really dead on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    You are lucky since about 150 yards is max for that round. But load your own and drop down to a 240 gr and you will have an even bigger smile. Still not far range but its really dead on.

150 yards for these old eyes and open sights is more then max for me
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a little soap in the water in the jugs. Those slow heavy bullets really blow them up good![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    Put a little soap in the water in the jugs. Those slow heavy bullets really blow them up good![:D]

there wasn't much left from the 5 gal buckets either[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is about what my Load looked like. They at that time only had a 280 Gr for it.

Ammo .444 Marlin Remington Core-Lokt Soft Point 240 Grain 2350 fps 20 Round Box

Way flatter shooting and groups seemed to tighten up on my Marlin.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lots of fun...got two neat 444...one an augered # 3 ruger and one it took many years to find ...navy arms martini target in triple 4...factory rifle not reworked shotgun ....plus marlin ...reload 265 small flat point at 2300...boomer
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Few things as evil as milk jugs and buckets.