In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Senate Passes Bill to Legalize Hemp

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Someone is getting it right in Washington D.C. for once. Agricultural Hemp helped win WWII! It can be used in many ways to get off Chinese plastic and use biodegradable hemp instead. This plant cannot get you high either! And it was Republican who sponsored the bill![:D]

serf

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/394741-senate-passes-legislation-to-legalize-hemp-as-agricultural-commodity

The bill, a key priority of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), was included in a mammoth farm bill that cleared the Senate 86-11.

"I have heard from many Kentucky farmers who agree it?s time to remove the federal hurdles and give our state the opportunity to seize its full potential and once again become the national leader for hemp production. That is why I strongly advocated for this measure to be included in the Farm Bill," McConnell said in a statement after the farm bill passed the Senate.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Someone is getting it right in Washington D.C. for once. Agricultural Hemp helped win WWII! It can be used in many ways to get off Chinese plastic and use biodegradable hemp instead. This plant cannot get you high either! And it was a Republican who sponsored the bill![:D]

serf

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/394741-senate-passes-legislation-to-legalize-hemp-as-agricultural-commodity

The bill, a key priority of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), was included in a mammoth farm bill that cleared the Senate 86-11.

"I have heard from many Kentucky farmers who agree it?s time to remove the federal hurdles and give our state the opportunity to seize its full potential and once again become the national leader for hemp production. That is why I strongly advocated for this measure to be included in the Farm Bill," McConnell said in a statement after the farm bill passed the Senate.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good.

Did you see the article I posted about how Kenya outlawed the use of plastic bags and hoe Kenyan farmers are growing Hemp?

Those plastic bags are a serious problem.
    RLTW

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    only late on this since ww2...stupid politics
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They need to legalize smoking dope and TAX the hell out of it. 1/4 of the revenue raised goes to the VA and veteran's care, 1/4 goes directly to Social Security and the other 1/2 to the deficient. Once the budget is balanced the crooked * Politicians can do what they wish with that 1/2 but they can not touch it until then
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Very good.

Did you see the article I posted about how Kenya outlawed the use of plastic bags and hoe Kenyan farmers are growing Hemp?

Those plastic bags are a serious problem.

The ocean is full of plastic! We need Hemp bags instead![8D]

serf
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    They need to legalize smoking dope and TAX the hell out of it. 1/4 of the revenue raised goes to the VA and veteran's care, 1/4 goes directly to Social Security and the other 1/2 to the deficient. Once the budget is balanced the crooked * Politicians can do what they wish with that 1/2 but they can not touch it until then

*roll eyes*