In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sleep schedule is killing me

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone else work night shift and then the nights your off cant sleep? I didnt have this problem until lately and I just cant sleep at night. My wife even fed me Benadryl and I still cant sleep. Sure glad you guys are around or I would go out of my mind. Anyone else have this problem? To bad they want let us moon light when were off or I would get a part time job with a local LEO Agency.

Comments

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On my day off (say Sunday is my Friday) I'll get off in the A.M. I'll stay up past my usual bed time of 14:00/15:00 and go to sleep about 20:00 or a wee bit later. Shove ear plugs and be out like a light for the next 12 hours[:D].
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Your profile says you already are in LE. In my state it's illegal to hold a dual commission. Get a camera, start taking pics. Edit and sell your pics. Take an online course in anything. Sit there and waste time with us.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I go to work @ 1:30 AM, drive a truck route, get off whenever done. Generally noon'ish. Monday thru Friday.
    Usual sleeping hours are about 5PM to midnight Sunday thru Thurs.
    On Fridays I usually stay awake approx 22-24 hrs. From midnight Thurs nite to late Fri. nite.
    Saturdays are the only day I really have "off" as I have to cut Sundays short to sleep for going to work at 1:30AM Mondays. On Saturdays I'm so wiped out from Fridays that getting anything done is a struggle.
  • hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I work 1900 to 0700 3 or 4 days of the week then get the same numbers of days off. I try to only take a 3 hr nap after my last night on shift. I sometimes have a hard time falling to sleep on my nights off. Often get the old woman b1tching about it.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    I Turned down a GOOD paying job in 06 because it was rotating shift. That would have been pure torture. I have heard rotating shiht will actually shorten your life[xx(]
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    I Turned down a GOOD paying job in 06 because it was rotating shift. That would have been pure torture. I have heard rotating shiht will actually shorten your life[xx(]

Used to work rotating shift at a Haliburton MFG plant building ol field equipment.
    Days were 5-8's. Nights were 4-10's.
    Usually the married family guys had 0 problem finding single guys who liked having 3 day weekends to swap shifts with. So most of us ended up working straight shifts.
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    melatonin...
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Nights and crazy Hours cost me Three cars, untold Insurance, early a Marriage, and my Health. It put distance between me and my Daughter. Nights, especially uneven Hours, will kill you. Get off them is you can.