In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Changing homeowners ins. to USAA inspector today

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Of course......Larry has scheduled the house inspection to be on a Thursday. We can't have anything EVER fall on any other day.

Thursday is my VERY busy day and I can't tell you the number of things that have all fallen on this same day over the years, but I am totally convinced that I have some kind of guardian angel with a sick sense of humor.

We are changing from Safeco to USAA. When I got my car insurance through USAA they couldn't match the rates we were paying with Safeco. Over the years, Safeco has increased their rates so much that USAA is a better deal.

I think they are supposed to be here at 3pm. I don't think they are going to do anything but take some pictures of specific things....the water heater, check some electrical things and such.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over 30 years of peace of mind, although their customer service has sagged a little over the past decade or so. What really matters is that USAA is rock solid when you have a claim. They may cost a bit more, but the last thing anyone needs after a loss is to be * around by some penny-pinching outfit that cares nothing about your welfare.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are not shopping around for Insurance you are wasting money IMHO
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I check about once a year, and with State Farm raising their rates yet again, I'll probably be contacting USAA to compare once more.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A USAA customer since 1968. Their initial rates are close or better than most others, their customer service is beyond top notch, and if you are with them long enough, the loyalty rebate on top of the annual distribution makes them dirt cheap.

Besides, it is always refreshing to have the phone answered, "Hello, Colonel Raab, how can we help you today?"
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    A USAA customer since 1968. Their initial rates are close or better than most others, their customer service is beyond top notch, and if you are with them long enough, the loyalty rebate on top of the annual distribution makes them dirt cheap.

Besides, it is always refreshing to have the phone answered, "Hello, Colonel Raab, how can we help you today?"

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    If you are not shopping around for Insurance you are wasting money IMHO

that may be, but if you have a good agent and company he will be able to keep rates from going up with a claim or two, where a new company may either cancel you or put you at high risk, which then will cost you no matter who you go with after that

as per the usaa I tried to get them for my side by side coverage, they don't cover off road vehicles in West Virginia, or so the lady told me on the phone.....
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been with USAA since 1977 when I was commissioned.... When an agent comes to the house to sell me a policy, He ask's whom I'm presently insured with...I say USAA....He excuses himself and says I'm sorry i bothered you... AND leaves....
    Great outfit!!!
    JIM...................
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have only changed homeowners insurance a time or two over the years, never had to have a home inspection though.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had USAA for many years, still do for some banking. But left them for insurance when I bought my current home. Their HOI is just too high because I live in the country with no fire hydrants. Combined coverage was much cheaper with ERIE.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The inspection went well.....one tree limb noted that will have to be trimmed that hangs over the house, but no other notations were made. I'm guessing that we will be with USAA for everything from now on. I have been very happy with the little bit I've dealt with them.

They are the Chikfila of Insurance companies!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Devoted Customer since ~1971. Best Company I have ever had to deal with.