In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Harbor Freight Case

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
They sale a case called the Apache 3800.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-watertight-protective-case-16-516-in-63927.html

It has removable blocks so you can make any pattern that you would like.

It compares to a pelican case. It even has a pressure relief valve.

I bought 1 today and now i need to fix it to hold 5 pistols. It would be great to take to the range.

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They do copy well[xx(]
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Thanks for posting. Did not know they had a Pelican knockoff. For that price, I?ll give one a try.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only buy what I consider disposable from them.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get it before the tariff increases [:D]
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    HF case 'live hinges' give up the ghost after a week or so.
    Latches aren't the best either.

Disposable is the right word.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, I buy Hazard Frought stuff I don't need to depend on and don't mind if it's mangled in use: Clamps, tarps, wood furniture dollies, grinding wheels, spooled welding wire... even their 5 dollar US flags since I live where it's windy and even 50 dollar flags only last 2-3 months if I'm lucky, etc.

I recently bought another used Doskocil pistol case on fleabay for 20 bucks, the one with 4 buckles. They're great for carrying up to 6 pistols to the range. The first Doskocil case I bought I've had for at least 10 years and it is still good as new.
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like stated buy the stuff that you use an throw away. When I had my hauling an demo business I used there saw'a all an cut off saws, when they burned up I threw then into the scrap truck was alot cheaper than buying the top of the line,
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have young guys working with you,buy Harbor Freight hand tools.For some reason I have yet to work with a young guy that could keep up with hand tools.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Hey! The Chinese gotta get rid of their Toxic Waste somehow!...why not sell it to the Round Eyes?