In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dizzy feeling

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
Has anyone else noticed a very subtle dizziness in the last 3 or 4 years? I think the turning of the century is causing it.

The only thing necessary for evil to triump is that good men do nothing.
Recruit someone for the NRA today!
Semper Fi

edit=btt
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the Info, I was starting to get worried.[:0][:0][:0]
  • Options
    woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    The earth does not recognize the concept of time. However there is a well-recognized harmonic wobble of the cosmos which normally affects the growth patterns of plants. Another factor is the more rapid erosion of granite which results in more dust in the atmosphere. Continued exposure to dust and plants has been known to cause a feeling of dizzyness in marsupials. It is not widely reported, but, opposums have been seen hanging straight up from their tails, seemingly defying the conventionally accepted laws of gravity. I think if you avoid dust, plants and opposums, your perception of dizziness will subside. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    I fully subscribe to Woodshermit's theorem. It is in agreement with the one being researched under a 2.5-billion-dollar government grant. A group of scientists out of jobs when several Silicon Valley and Dot-Com firms imploded, have also been working on an explanation for "Insipient Orientation Conflict centered in the intra-ocular and intra-aural canals of adult American Males and Chiuauas".
    And there's good news for you! They have narrowed possible causes to just a handful.
    1) The Curse of Atlantis: Random magnetic beams shot from beneath the sea, affected some humans as the beams leap the continent. Their terminal point is thought to be California, where the study says, beams have been landing like roaches in an empty apartment. Unfortuantely, scientists warn, one of the side effects is apparently decreasing rational ability in homo erectus. Early results indicate that the beams have been eroding mental processes in California for decades. Projected *: weakening seams in California's bonds with the continent, especially along major faults, effecting disunion with the continent, once irrationality and magnetic beam intensity reach a high enought quotient level. At that time California will break off and float south, past Mexico, with all the Californians grinning like * on a garbage can.

2) Second theory bearing promising results so far: The hole in the ozone looks from outside the layer, like an ice fishing hole. And aliens have built cosmic shacks, angling with invisible vacuums. They are sucking up our intelligence, little by little. If you have been feeling chronic dizziness since at least the millenium, you have probably given their big bobbers a firm yank several times.

Hope this, too helps. And perhaps it will ease anyone's misgivings about how our tax dollars are being spent.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Maybe it's not the beer?

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    scksck Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are at least two other possibilites. When was the last time you had your blood pressure and suger checked? Might want to look into it. We don't want to loose you.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's nothing to joke about I've had that problem for about 4 to five years.
    I've been checked and rechecked thousands and thousands of dollars spent on tests.I've been tested for things I never knew existed .Along with it I also get double vision and slurred speech at times.And No I don't drink.
    [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

standard.jpg

It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henry, Henry, Henry![xx(]

[:(]12/31/2002?[:(]

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I'll bet Judge Dread knows the answer!

Where is he anyway?

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee
    Henry, Henry, Henry![xx(]

[:(]12/31/2002?[:(]

Hey, every once in awhile I dig through the archives. This one didn't get much comment the first time around, so BTT. It's only 2004, I figure the century is still "turning" whatever that means.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In the experts forum I saw someone referring to Belgian shotguns with laminated barrels having been made around the turn of century....

edit=fix ubb
  • Options
    jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    gremlins in the fully fluctuating canooter valve causes the earh's [:p]axis to run out by.0000015 of a micronometrically igdot every 500000000 months that end in y. yeah that's it
  • Options
    love2shootlove2shoot Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are standing too close to the center, back up!
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are acually having dizzy spells please see a Doctor at once. Bloodpressure, heart problems are the first 2 that spring to mind. My 86 year old uncle complained of dizzyness, turned out his heart was only beating 35 time a minute. A pacemaker quickly cured the problem. Dave