In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No electricity....NOW W/ PICS!!!!!!!

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
............till Sun evening about 7, got internet back Mon morning. Went out Fri morning at 7. Lost 2 trees in the back yard. An ash tree fell before I was up then about a quarter past 7 was standing in the living room looking out the back windows and heard the next one fall. It was a triple-trunked hedge. Guess what I got to do Fri afternoon and most of Sat.[:(!][:(!]

Will post pics later.

The one on the left was taken out last winter in the ice storm. I left it like this for a natural jungle gym for the kids.

StormdamageMay09010.jpg

StormdamageMay09009.jpg

StormdamageMay09007.jpg

StormdamageMay09008.jpg

StormdamageMay09002.jpg

StormdamageMay09001.jpg

StormdamageMay09003.jpg

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    [brNo electricity..................

Must be tough for a member of the Internation Brotherhood of Electrical Workers to sit in a dark house and not be able to do anything about it. There was an old saying when I was a kid that "It's always the woodcutters stove that's cold."
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    Trees, wind & hydro lines are not a good combination. [:(]

Ron
  • hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matwor, theres still about 40'000 here in Southern IL that are without power. Dont know if your one of them, but if you are i feel your pain. Lost it last summer for 3 days. it was no fun.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    [brNo electricity..................

Must be tough for a member of the Internation Brotherhood of Electrical Workers to sit in a dark house and not be able to do anything about it. There was an old saying when I was a kid that "It's always the woodcutters stove that's cold."

I just blew beer out my nose at Must be tough for a member of the Internation Brotherhood of Electrical Workers to sit in a dark house and not be able to do anything about it

Kept seeing a bunch of surley union guys leaning on a truck waiting telling each other "ain't my job" while sitting under the cut power line...[:D]
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bountyhunter101bountyhunter101 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ............till Sun evening about 7, got internet back Mon morning. Went out Fri morning at 7. Lost 2 trees in the back yard. An ash tree fell before I was up then about a quarter past 7 was standing in the living room looking out the back windows and heard the next one fall. It was a triple-trunked hedge. Guess what I got to do Fri afternoon and most of Sat.[:(!][:(!]

Will post pics later.

You must be in my neck of the woods. I missed the bad wind but had about 5in of rain that washed my drive out.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call the Louisville Slugger factory, lots of baseball bats in that ash tree.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh oh. Wish I was able to help man.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Or some nice gun stocks...

quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Call the Louisville Slugger factory, lots of baseball bats in that ash tree.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Looks like you need 4 mexicans and 2 chain saws. A couple of cases of beer and that'll be stove wood in no time.