In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SureFire

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Them folks sent me out a part, and didn't even charge me shipping.
That is a heck of a company in my opinion.

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Think I know why they call it SureFire. Cause if it sticks on, in your pocket You Are Sure to have a Fire. Came close but batteries wore out, those batteries were very hot.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Supposed to turn them off before putting in pocket [:0][;)][:D]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bulb burnt out with in 6 hours of use. I am a lot less impressed than I would like to be for the price. Mag-lights just keep on going.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    My bulb burnt out with in 6 hours of use. I am a lot less impressed than I would like to be for the price. Mag-lights just keep on going.
    I'm with U HeDawg. Screw SUREFIRE. My mini mag lasts me a year on a set of Energizers, and their still usable, when i change them.
    I just don't need a "status symbol" flashlight to find something that falls behind the desk.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Got a Surefire 6P - but exchanged the Xenon-bulb with a WolfEyes 260Lumen LED unit instead.

OH MY GOSH this thing is powerfull - and two batteries last 80 minutes.
    Got some Panasonic Photo-batteries. They've got higher capacity than surefires own batteries.
    I know SureFire batteries are known to be built for high current and temperature - but using LED doesn't draw that kind of current or develop that kind of heat. So I'm with Surefire 6P light, but with WolfEyes LED and Panasonic Photobatteries.
  • Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Just put a 9 volt battery and a handful of .22's in your pocket.